Doubt

Sameer quickly moved back to the drawer and searched for another cassette. Anything but Salman Khan. He found one of Shahrukh... Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Naina watched in amusement as he placed the cassette in walkman and played the song

Tum paas aaye
Yun muskuraye
Tumne na jaane kya
sapne dikhaye

Ab toh mera dil
jaage na sota hai
kya karun hayee
kuch kuch hota hai

He waited with bated breath, putting both hands on her belly. For first few lines, there was no movement. But then, as the main line of the song played, baby started to move again.

"Dekh lo, Shahrukh ke gaane pe bhi dance kiya." He gave a relieved smile to Naina.

The smile was wiped off by her words next instant, "Usko thoda time laga par jab pata chala ki is film mein bhi Salman hai toh khush ho gayi."

And he recalled the time when he had taken Naina to watch this movie in theater. He was not aware of Salman's role in it. How Naina had shrieked when she saw her idol on screen...  he had committed the same mistake again.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai. Usse gaane pasand hain, meri tarah. Apni mummy ke jaise koi hero nahi." He convinced himself as he told her.

"Sirf gaane ki baat hoti toh shuru hote hi usse hilna chahiye tha na. Lekin usne time liya." She was enjoying the pure jealousy on his face.

"Salman Khan ki fan kaise ho sakti hai? Dekha thodi hai usne abhi Salman ko?" Irritation was clear on Sameer's face.

"Matlab tum maante ho ki Salman ko dekh ke uske fan ban sakte hain... kyonki woh handsome hai." She quipped, catching him on his words.

He frowned, "Dekho Naina, abhi se meri beti ko yeh sab mat sikhao. Woh kisi faaltu hero ki fan nahi banegi."

"Dekho Sameer, meri beti jiski chahe uski fan banegi... fir chahe woh Salman ho ya Hrithik." She huffed in the same tone.

"Achha main koi aur gaana lagata hun." He stood up, not wanting to annoy her and also to prove his point.

"Nahi ab aur nahi. Bas ab baby ko aaram karne do. Itna bhi dance karana theek nahi hai." She stopped him.

"Mujhe pata karna hai... usse Salman pasand hai ya gaane." He implored.

She could not control her laughter anymore, seeing the earnest look on his face.

He crossed his arms, standing with puffed cheeks.

Going close to him, she untangled his arms, taking them around her waist and wrapped her hands behind his neck. Lifting her heels, she placed a kiss on each of his cheek, bringing a smile on his face.

"Tum itne cute kyon ho, Sameer?" Her fingers played with his hair on the neck.

"Achha? Main cute hun? Maine socha tha main tumhe handsome lagta hun." His eyes glittered as she looked at him with love.

Her brown orbs filled with admiration, "Handsome ho... bohot handsome ho... mere hero ho. Aur dekhna, hamari beti ke bhi hero hoge... tum... koi aur nahi."

His heart jumped in joy, "Sach... Salman bhi nahi?"

She shook her head, "Baaki sab baad mein. Sabse bade aur sabse khaas hero sirf tum rahoge... hamesha."

In excitement, he pulled her close with a jerk.

"Oh sorry." Realising his folly, he quickly stepped back a little, holding her carefully.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें