Ghost

It was after dinner, when everyone had retired to their rooms and they had gone back to theirs that Naina realised there was no drinking water in the jug.

"Sameer, main neeche se paani leke aati hun." She picked up the jug, letting him know while he was in the washroom... but he couldn't hear it in the sound of running water.

Coming out after a few minutes, he looked around for her, frowning to find her missing.

"Abhi toh sab so gaye hain. Kahan chali gayi Naina? Kuch chahiye tha kya usse?" He went out to search for her.

Naina had not switched on the light in the kitchen. The glow of garden light falling on the large window was enough to fill up the jug from bottles of filtered water that were kept in one corner.

When a hand went over her mouth, she did not feel any fear even for a second, leaning back to reveal to the intruder that she was aware of his identity.

"Agar koi chor hota toh?" His voice was a mere whisper in the silence of night as his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Chor hi toh hai... pehle hi din mera dil chura liya tha." She tilted her head, giving him a side glance.

"Tumne badla le toh liya chor se... tumne bhi uska dil chura liya." His lips touched her ear, making a tingling wave pass through her.

"Sameer, chalo... koi aa jayega." She squirmed to move away, before she got lost in him.

He tightened his hold, "Naina, aise chup chup ke kareeb aane mein kitna mazaa aata hai na... jaise hum apne liye kuch pal chura rahe hon."

"Aaj tum chor banne ki training leke aaye ho kya? Chalo room mein... kisi ne dekh liya toh achha nahi lagega." She chided him, hiding the fact that this secretive closeness kindled a new sensation in her as well, taking her back to the days when he would come to her room in college.

"Uhh, Naina, yahan koi nahi hai, sab so gaye hain... bas yeh khamoshi, yeh halki si roshni... aur mera chaand." He turned her slowly, cupping her face with one hand.

All her quibbles were forgotten as his deep, dark eyes glittered even in the subdued glow of light coming from outside. She gazed into their inky depths, getting the drowning feeling that his dark pools always invoked in her... melting her heart to his transparent demands. His hand slid down her face, fingers grazing her neck before going behind her. A shiver ran through her as his fingers traced her spine, lazily trailing down to her lower back. Her breath got stuck in her throat when his hand flattened in the small of her back. Next moment, he jerked her closer, making her go on her toes. She gulped. Those dark eyes were more alluring now, boring into hers to reach her soul... and her yearning, that matched his, laid bare.

In the blanket of darkness around them, the only thing he could see was her incandescing face. Her ragged breathing filled him up with a complacent feeling... his effect on her never failed to give him the pride like nothing else could. All he wanted now was to get engulfed in the raging fire within.

Before his lips could reach her, the sound of a door made them jump apart.

Naina clutched his tshirt in panic. Being discovered like this in kitchen in the middle of the night was not  something she wanted in this house.

Dadi had skipped dinner, preoccupied by the scheming her devilish mind was fixated with. Two insults in a day had rattled her... that too by the two women who she considered much below her level. But now, the rambling in her stomach took over the constantly working mind. She decided to look for some food.

As realisation struck Sameer that the footsteps were coming from dadi's room, his heart was in his mouth. Her room was across the stairs. There was no way they could escape unseen. His almost sure assessment turned definite when the obscure figure moving towards them gave a jerk to her head, running a hand over the short hair.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें