Bachpan

Naina's decision to arrange for medication and doctor came in handy when next week Rajni's daughter suddenly came down with fever. Tara gave her the medicinal syrup after Rajni's consent. The fever descended for some time but her temperature was again on the rise within a few hours.

Rajni asked for half day leave so she could take her home. Since Naina was engrossed in production work and could not go herself, she asked one of the office boys to take Rajni and her daughter to the nearby clinic that they had made arrangements with.

It turned out to be a seasonal flu which needed three days medicine. Rajni was asked to stay at home for three days and take care of her daughter. Since her house was close by she continued to consult the same pediatrician... and it helped her save money as well because he was paid by the company.

Sana was back to her cheerful self once her tooth was out. After a few days of shaky tries, she started to crawl easily. At home, it became a game for Sameer to stand on one side of the room and open his arms. Sana would rush to him, squealing in delight. When she reached him, he would move a little away, and she would happily crawl ahead again. After doing this exercise a few times, he would pick her up and swirl around, with her in his arms. It made her laugh aloud, her face gleaming with pleasure.

"Arre arre Sameer, aise mat ghumao, chakkar aa jayega usse." Naina was shocked when she saw him doing it for the first time.

Sameer twirled again, holding Sana securely, "Nahi aata. Dekho kaise hans rahi hai. Madam, iss maamle mein yeh mujhpe gayi hai, tumpe nahi."

His wink at Naina made Sana tilt her head and look at his eyes. He raised his brows at her. She peered at his eyes for a few moments, then lifted her hand to touch them. He closed one eye, that she was trying to touch. She laughed at the gesture. He opened it, and she again touched it with her fingers. His wink made her laugh louder.

"Sameer, tum bhi na... kya sikha rahe ho usse." Naina gave an amused look as Sana giggled everytime Sameer winked.

She turned towards Naina, hearing her voice... and blinked both her eyes.

Naina's hand flew to her open mouth, her eyes rounded.

"Oho beta, yeh kaam tumhara nahi hai. Yeh sirf main kar sakta hun." Sameer chuckled at Sana's attempt to wink.

She looked at him, and blinked hard again.

He pursed his lips as Naina frowned, "Dekha. Bachche bohot jaldi seekhte hain. Aise kaam karoge uske saamne toh seekhegi hi na."

His pursed lips stretched into a pressed smile as he gave a look of approval to his daughter, "Abhi tum dono aankhon se hi kar lo, thode din baad ek aankh wala sikhaunga."

Naina's eyes turned as big as saucers. Placing her hands on the waist, she gritted her teeth at him.

Sana could decipher that her mom was annoyed. She stared at her innocently, then tilted her face to hide in Sameer's shoulder.

"Ab tumne dara diya meri beti ko, Jhansi ki rani banke." He patted Sana's head, comforting her.

Naina face softened instantly. She stepped ahead, speaking in a loving voice.

Sameer's arm went around her, to pin her against his chest while holding his daughter in the other arm.

"Thank you, baby. Mumma ko bolo aise hi bas pyar bhari baatein kiya karein. Papa pe gussa nahi karna chahiye na?" He shook his head, having learnt the way to make her match his opinion.

Sana straightened, shaking her head.

"Dono baap beti ek number ke badmaash ho." Naina chuckled.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें