Delhi

"Itna sab kaise kiya tumne, Sameer?" Naina looked at the beautifully laid table.

"Umm, maine toh sirf phone kiya, hotel walon ne sab intezam kar diya." Sameer gave a sheepish smile.

She seemed to ponder for a while, then gasped, "Matlab jab main so rahi thi tab room se hoke waiters baar baar yahan aa rahe the?"

He narrowed his eyes to understand the meaning of her words.

"Nahi, nahi." His head shook vehemently, as the implication dawned on him, "Yahan terrace ke side mein ek raasta hai, seedhe yahan aane ka... room mein koi nahi aaya."

She relaxed, looking behind him at the door.

"Meri jaan ko koi aur kaise dekh sakta hai... yeh toh sirf mera haq hai na." He shifted his chair close to her, raising a sandwich to her lips.

She took one bite, and turned his hand to his mouth, making him eat too.

They tasted all the dishes, taking a few bites from each one, admiring the abundance of nature around them. The mountains ahead presented a breathtaking view, with clouds covering them not only on the peak but floating much lower, like a swaying, pristine dupatta over the hills. Sunrays on the still waters of lake reflected to give it an appearance of liquid gold. Slight fog that was surrounding the place started to dissipate as the warmth of morning sun slowly seeped in to take away the feeling of chill in the air. Though, the chill wasn't something they felt, basking in each other's warmth as they sat close, feeding each other till they had their fill... of food.

"Sameer, agar main kuch mangungi tumse toh mana toh nahi karoge?" Naina asked hesitantly once they were done.

"Kya chahiye, Naina? Kuch aur khana hai tumhe? Bolo na... main kyon mana karunga... jo bhi tumhe chahiye bata do main abhi mangwa deta hun." He gave a comforting pat on her hand.

She took his hand, raising it to her heart, "Jo chahiye woh yahan ke sukoon ke liye hai."

His gaze went to his hand on her heart, a mischievous smile curving his lips, "Aaj meri jaan ka mood bada achha hai shayad."

She didn't frown, nor moved his hand away.

"Sameer, main yahan se Dilli jaana chahti hun." Her voice was gentle.

He gave a perplexed look, "Aaj ja toh rahe hain... Dilli se hi hai hamari flight."

"Mummy ke ghar." Her eyes were fixated on his face that changed instantly.

The soft, loving expression hardened, his lips pressed into a thin line and a blazing flash appeared in his eyes.

"Bolo na, kya tum mujhe leke chaloge?" She knew she couldn't go back now.

He was silent for a few minutes.

"Mujhe milna hai mummy se... tumhe bhi toh milne ka mann hoga na?" She tried to read his eyes that had gone blank.

With a deep breath, he looked beyond her, at the far away mountains, "Naina, mummy se milne ke liye mummy ko hi hamare paas aana hoga, hum wahan nahi jaa sakte."

"Kyon?"  Turning his face, she made him look at her.

He swallowed, pursing his lips before speaking, "Wahan sirf mummy nahi hain, woh sab log hain jo mere aane se kabhi khush nahi hue... aur na tumhare wahan jaane se honge."

"Hum unn logon ki parwah kyon karen, Sameer... mummy toh milna chahti hain na hum dono se... bas kuch din... please?" She scrunched up her nose.

"Tum samajh nahi rahi, Naina... wahan woh... woh dadi hain... mujhe jo kehti thi woh hi itna dard deta tha lekin ab agar unhone... agar unhone tumhe kuch... Naina, main bardaasht nahi kar paunga." His jaw clenched as he clutched her hand.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें