Tere haathon mein

Ever since Sameer discovered Naina's insecurity after overhearing some random people in the hospital, and after realising how Preeti and Swati were being treated in their homes, he had started to be more mindful of his responsibility towards her. Besides trying to care for her even more, he often brought gifts while coming back from office. Though small ones, they never failed to bring a smile on Naina's face. A single bloom of rose, gajra of fragrant jasmine flowers, silver hoops from Law garden, bhutta... she was overjoyed with the smallest of his gifts. He could see it in her eyes.

"Yeh kya hai?" She asked enthusiastically when he pulled out a rectangular box from his bag one evening.

Sameer made her sit on the bed, pulling a chair to sit in front of her. He untied the ribbon and opened the box. Her eyes lit up as he picked up deep red glass bangles, their clinking sound filling up the room.

He held her hand, "Tumhare haathon mein chooriyon ki awaaz mujhe bohot pasand hai."

She smiled fondly as he slipped the bangles over her fingers.

A frown appeared on his face when they got stuck near her knuckles. He tried to rotate them, pushing gently. But they seemed to be fixed in one place, refusing to budge even a millimeter.

She kept a straight face as he tried, twisting himself more than her hand, not applying force but constantly trying to make the bangles pass the hurdle.

"Yeh aage kyon nahi jaa rahi? Main toh tumhare size ki hi laaya hun." Frustrated, he looked up at her.

She pulled back her hand from his grip, taking off the stuck bangles. Then she held out both her hands to him, palms down.

For the first time he noticed the swelling. Her fingers were thicker than they used to be, the hand was more rounded.

He quickly took her hands in his, eyes widening in concern, "Naina, yeh kaise hua? Tumhari tabiyat theek nahi hai kya? Tumne bataya kyon nahi? Yeh haath itne sooj gaye hain... tumhe takleef ho rahi hogi na. Abhi doctor ke paas chalte hain."

She let out an amused exhale, "Offo, mujhe bolne doge toh bataungi na."

He pursed his lips.

A loving smile spread on her face at the way he immediately complied.

"Pehli baat, mujhe koi takleef ya dard nahi hai. Doosri baat, iss haalat mein haath thode bohot sooj jaate hain... normal hai. Pair bhi toh aise ho gaye hain." She explained.

He immediately turned to look at her feet. They indeed were swollen as well.

He looked back, a guilty look on his face, "Mujhe pata nahi chala. Sorry."

"Tumhari yeh aankhen mere chehre se hat ti hi nahi... yeh hi kehte ho na tum? Toh kaise pata chalega?" She pinched his nose.

He did not react to it as all his attention was on her swollen hands and feet, "Naina, tumhe kitna kuch sehna pad  raha hai na... aur main itna bhi nahi jaan paaya ki tumhe yeh problem bhi ho rahi hai."

"Sameer, isse problem mat kaho. Baby ke liye hum sab kuch kar sakte hain na... yeh toh kuch bhi nahi hai. Aur yeh soojan hamesha nahi rehti. Kabhi kabhi aati hai aur kabhi khud hi chali jaati hai." She soothed his worries.

He sadly looked at the bangles kept beside her... and brightened up next moment.

"Main abhi market se aur chooriyan leke aata hun... jab tumhare haathon mein inki awaaz gunjegi toh hum teeno ko achha lagega." He exclaimed.

"Teeno ko?" Naina queried.

"Main, tum... aur hamari pari." He placed a hand on her belly.

"Rehne do, Sameer. Kal le aana. Abhi wapas aaye ho, abhi fir se chale jaoge. Tum bhi toh thak gaye hoge na." She held his wrist.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें