Lamhe

Sorry to announce that I won't be able to give any update till Sunday

It was midnight when Naina finally heated up the dinner.

"Khana tak nahi diya tumne time pe... Naina, yeh galat baat hai... tumhara pati poore din ke baad office se aaya aur tumne usse dinner tak nahi khilaya." Sameer brooded as he rested against the kitchen counter, his arms crossed.

She stopped arranging the food on plates, turning to look at him, hands on waist.

"Maine kaha tha khana khane ko." She said defensively.

"Acha? Par khilaya toh nahi... kyon?" Sameer flicked his brows.

Her cheeks turned hot, a tint of colour spreading all over.

"Bolo... abhi tak kyon nahi khilaya?" He took a few steps towards her.

"Naina... bolo na." He was in front of her now, speaking in a low voice.

"Sameer, please ab chup karke kha lo." She managed to utter, shifting to her side, colour on her face getting deeper.

His arm came around her waist, making her turn towards him.

"Kha lunga, pehle batao abhi tak kyon nahi khilaya?" He was stuck on the same question.

Her eyes went wide, "Tumne hi toh..."

She stopped abruptly. What could she say... and why was he making her say anything at all? It wasn't as if she had delayed dinner on purpose. He was the one who had carried her in his arms to the room. He wasn't ready to wait till after dinner. Her eyes lowered as she recalled their moments from sometime back.

"Kal ki Naina aur aaj ki Naina mein kitna farq hai... tum kabhi itna sharmati ho aur kabhi achanak se mere hosh udda deti ho... mujhe samajh hi nahi aata yeh wali chui mui si Naina asli hai ya kal jaise sherni wali." He grazed her cheek with his knuckles.

She lowered her eyes, wishing he had worn a t-shirt, instead of standing here only in his bottoms. The heat from his bare torso was seeping through her thin night top, tingling her skin.

"Mujhe tumhare chehre pe jo yeh laal rang bikhar jaata hai na, yeh bohot achha lagta hai... lekin jab tum mujhe yeh neela rang deti ho tab bhi main pagal ho jaata hun." He placed her palm on the dark blue mark over his heart that she had given him the previous night.

Her eyes darted to the place he was mentioning.

His fingers pushed the neckline of her top aside, revealing the spot where he had marked her, "Aur tumpe jab ye apna diya hua rang dekhta hun toh dil mein toofan hi aa jaata hai."

She looked up at him. His eyes were soft, focussed on her face.

"Yeh tumhare gaalon ka laal rang ho ya tumhari woh laal nighty, yeh neela nishan ho ya kal wali blue nighty, tumhare yeh gulabi honth ho ya jo main laya tha woh pink nighty... har rang ki yaad ke saath tumne itne khoobsurat lamhe jod diye hain ki jab bhi inn rangon ka koi naam leta hai mujhe bas tum nazar aati ho." He simultaneously touched each part that he was mentioning, making her shudder with each comparison.

Her face turned a few shades darker.

"Naya rang aane laga hai ab tumhare chehre pe... lagta hai kuch nayi nighty lene ka time aa gaya hai." His tone turned teasing.

"Tumhe koi aur baat nahi aati kya? Chalo khaana khao nahi toh fir se thanda ho jayega." She wriggled in his hold, desperate to bring some distance between them.

"Aati hain na aur baatein... uss silver nighty ki... jo tumne Ooty mein peheni thi... ussi rang ki bijli chamak gayi thi meri aankhon ke saamne uss din... kyon na ek baar fir se woh juice try karein?" He tightened his hold, plastering her against his chest.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें