Dil ki awaaz

It had been about two weeks since the sonography. Naina was careful about her diet ever since her blood pressure had gone low once. The energy levels had been okay now, except for the fatigue at the end of the day, which was normal at this stage. Hence, it was surprising for her when she got up one morning and felt the room sway.

"Ahh Sameer." She pressed her forehead, sitting back in bed.

He was up with her in a flash, "Kya hua, Naina? Chakkar aaya kya?"

She leaned heavily against him, clutching his wrist, "Sameer, sab ghoom raha hai, bohot zyada."

"Lagta hai fir se bp low ho gaya. Main coffee bana ke laata hun tumhare liye." He held her shoulders to make her lie down.

"Nahi. Kahin mat jao. Mujhe pakdo please." She uttered in an urgent voice, her fingers digging into his wrist.

Sameer wrapped his other arm around her securely. Her eyes were squeezed shut, breathing was laboured and head seemed to be falling to the side.

"Naina, time aa gaya kya? Tumhe dard toh nahi shuru ho gaya?" He was tensed.

"Na... nahi. Koi dard nahi hai. Bas bohot tez chakkar aa raha hai, jaise... jaise yeh kamra ghoom raha hai aur main abhi bed se gir jaungi." Her voice was feeble.

He held her tighter, kissing her forehead reassuringly, "Aise kaise gir jaogi... main apni jaan ko girne thodi dunga. Kuch nahi hua hai, bas shayad thakaan se aisa lag raha hai. Ek coffee pi logi toh bp bhi theek ho jayega. Tum ghabrao mat... main hun na."

They stayed in the same position for sometime, till he felt her head move a little.

"Abhi kaisa lag raha hai?" He placed his hand on her cheek to slightly turn up her face.

"Hmm. Thoda kam hua. Shayad coffee pi leni chahiye." She gave him a weak smile.

Making her lie back and tucking the quilt properly around her, he sprinted to the kitchen. It was yet too early for Ramdhari to come. Though he was staying in the back room of the house, he usually got up around 6:30, and the wall clock in the living room showed the time to be 5:30 am.

Naina was lying still with her eyes closed when Sameer went back with coffee after a few minutes. Placing the mug on the night stand, he sat on the bed and placed his hand on her forehead.

"Naina, uthogi? Thodi coffee pi lo." His whispered gently.

She opened her eyes, and nodded slightly. Sameer helped her sit up. He kept holding the cup with one hand while one held her shoulder.

The strong, hot liquid made Naina feel good... but only for a second. In just a few sips, she started to get the same dizzy feeling back. Sameer noticed her hand shaking, and took back the cup, lest the hot liquid spilled on her. Putting it aside, he shifted closer, taking her in his arms. When he felt her head roll back, the panic hit him. Grabbing the mobile from side table, he quickly dialled Dr Shaila's number.

Though she picked up after quite a few rings, her sleepy hello changed to alert questions the moment he mentioned Naina's condition.

"Tum log foran hospital aa jao, main bhi pohonchati hun. Aur haan, Naina ko kuch khana pina mat do... coffee toh bilkul nahi." The urgency in her voice made his heart stop beating.

"Sab... sab theek hoga na doctor?" He blabbered before he could stop himself.

"Tum bas jaldi aao. Ho sake toh Sana ko kisi rishtedaar ke yahan chod do, uska hospital mein rehna sahi nahi hoga." She hurriedly adviced.

Sameer could hear the sounds at other end, of her moving around, opening the cupboard, preparing to leave... and the fear deepened in him. Putting back Naina on her pillow, he ran to the drawer and took all her files and reports, placing them in the bag she had already prepared for hospital. The clatter from the kitchen announced Ramdhari's presence. He rushed out, apprising him of the situation and told him to take care of Sana when she gets up, and call up Preeti to inform about everything.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें