Gulaab

The walk back to the main gate of hostel filled Sameer with a kind of gaiety that he had never experienced even when he passed these gates for going on leave or when he left the place for good. There was a lightness in his heart today, as if a heavy burden had been lifted off him... a weight he had been carrying all his life.

He looked at the petite girl walking with him, holding his hand. She barely reached his shoulder, but could see his heart, could discern each feeling, each emotion so well. Probably, being closer to the heart, she could read it with such clarity... even better than him, at times. Like now. The most piercing pain in his life had been of abandonment... and she had turned it over completely, making it a path to his destiny, a path to HER.

He had been stunned by the way she had joined the dots, showing him that Nainital was the beginning of his good life. Why else the name would resemble every other source of his happiness... nanu and Naina?

Was this a coincidence? Was it a sign that he failed to notice earlier?
Why it never occurred to him?

Probably because he always thought of Nainital as his dark past, without seeing any glimmer of joy in it. And Naina was the opposite of all his gloom. Her name always filled his heart with boundless love. He could never connect the two names... yet they found the connection on their own.

Suddenly, the euphoria failed to remain contained.

He leapt in front of her, holding her shoulders in feverish excitement, "Naina, sab kuch hamesha se mere saamne tha par maine pehchana nahi. Yeh jagah, yeh mandir, yeh devi, yeh jheel... sab kuch toh tumhara hi naam hai... jab main akela tha tab bhi tumhara naam saath tha mere... iss naam se bachpan mein hi judd gaya tha main."

She watched in wonder as he swirled her around, a silly grin on his face, "Aur main gadha samajh hi nahi paaya... arre school mein tumhara naam sunte hi tumhe gale laga lena chahiye tha... pata hona chahiye tha ki agar Nainital se itni door aake bhi Naina mere saamne hai toh woh isliye ki Naina hi meri woh saathi hai jiski talaash thi mujhe... tabhi toh devi maa ne mujhe agli Diwali pe Ahmedabad bhej diya... aur uske agle saal se Ahmedabad ka hi raasta dikha diya... oh Naina, maine yeh sab pehle kyon nahi socha!"

She chuckled, though her heart filled with a satiated tenderness at his exuberance, "Kyonki tum buddhu ho."

He gave her the most charming, boyish grin, "Iss buddhu ke naino ko kholne ke liye Naina ki zaroorat thi... ab woh mil gayi hai toh main buddhu nahi raha."

She quirked up a brow, "Achha, kya ban gaye ho ab?"

"Naina ka Sameer." He wanted to crush her in his arms, but had to stop himself with just a touch on her cheek with one finger, as they were out in open, with guards at the gate watching them.

She wanted the same... but it had to wait.

Rest of the day was spent like typical tourists, enjoying the scenic beauty of the place, eating various types of delicacies at quaint little cafes, buying a few more items to take back home as souvenirs. The town changed completely for Sameer. Everything spelled beauty and cheerfulness now. Little children ran around in excitement, families enjoyed the activities, couples were lost in each other's eyes.

The love of his life stood against the metal grill, on the pavement, watching colourful boats in the lake.

"Naina, wapas chalen?" He suddenly wanted her all to himself.

"Abhi se? Abhi toh andhera bhi nahi hua. Ek baar hi chalenge na, dinner kar ke." Her eyes were still on the swaying sails on glassy waters.

He placed his hand on her waist, pulling her closer as he stood on her side, "Hotel mein hi kar lenge."

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें