Paani mein Aag

"Naina bhabhi, kya hum apne bhai ko ghar chod aayein? Jaldi aa jayenge." Ramdhari asked after he had finished cleaning the house and all other work in the kitchen.

"Aapka bhai pehli baar Ahmedabad aaya hai?" Naina looked at the boy who appeared scared and lost.

"Jee bhabhi, humne hi iske liye baat ki thi chowk wale bazaar ki ek badi dukaan mein... wahan ka chowkidaar hamare saath wale kamre mein rehta tha... woh wapas chala gaya... uske kehne pe humne dukaan walon se poocha toh unhone kaha humare bhai ko kaam pe rakh lenge... bas isliye bula liya... hamare kamre pe hi rahega toh humein bhi saath ho jayega." Ramdhari seemed to be excited at the prospect of having a relative staying with him.

"Ramdhari bhaiya, aapka bhai sheher ke baare mein kuch nahi jaanta... agar kal se kaam pe jaana hai toh aapko aaj usse zaroori jagah aur baaki saari cheezein samjhani chahiye... agar usse akele kuch kaam karna ho toh pata hona chahiye na." Naina was worried about the village boy who had no idea about the ways of cities.

Ramdhari looked at his brother, "Kar lega, bhabhi... koi baat nahi."

The boy gulped... his vulnerability was clear on his face, also in the manner he clutched his small bag close to his chest.

"Nahi, aap isse ghar le jaiye... thoda aaram karwa ke isse raaste samjhaiye... aas paas ki dukaane aur zaroorat ki jagah bataiye... bus aur rickshaw ke baare mein bhi sikhaiye... yeh naya hai... yahan ke taur tareeke batane padenge jisse kaam karne mein isse koi mushkil na ho." Naina somehow felt responsible for the boy.

"Lekin bhabhi, yahan ghar ka kaam... " Ramdhari was hesitant.

"Khana ban chuka hai... Sameer shaam ko hi aayenge... main raat ke liye kuch bana lungi... aap yahan ki chinta mat kijiye." She assured him.

Ramdhari thanked her, and left with his brother.

Naina checked the time. It was not yet noon. She decided to sit with her writing till lunch.

Two hours later, she stretched herself, looking at the clock. Surprised to see that it was past lunchtime, she quickly got up to heat her food, done with her eating in next fifteen minutes. Holding her glass of water, she came near the main door, looking out at the garden. The sight of leaves and flowers always filled her up with a serene feeling... there was something soothing about seeing the contrast of different shades of green leaves with varied colours of flowers. Front part of their garden was shaded now as the bunglow blocked the sunrays. She stepped out, going near the flower beds. That is when she noticed that the soil was absolutely dry. The leaves turned inwards at the edges.

Ramdhari had probably forgotten to water the plants today. She looked around. The hose was attached to the tap already. She went inside to put her glass back, came back and turned the tap on. Holding the hose over plants, she started to spray them with water, bringing a fresh life into them. The smell of water on dry earth wafted in the air. She breathed in deep. The cool water invigorated the plants and the crisp smell refreshed her. Delighted, she twirled, letting the water form an orbit around her. A few drops fell on her too... and she loved the feel. To get more of it, she directed the spray upwards, letting the droplets fall on her like rain.

Sameer had just finished signing the morning documents regarding all orders to be processed for the day.

"Sameer beta, yeh kuch papers sign kar dijiye... saare managers aaj Gandhi nagar wale unit pe jaa rahe hain... wahan production ka kaam dekhne... jo changes meeting mein tay hue the woh bhi wahan ki team ko bata denge." Munshiji came with a few papers.

Sameer placed them in front of him, going through each one carefully. Munshiji smiled in satisfaction. After checking all details, Sameer signed the papers and handed them back.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें