Assurance

"Ek baat puchu, Naina?" Sameer asked when he was sure that Naina did not have any doubts anymore, about his love.

"Hmm." Her eyes were still shut.

He kept her close, speaking in a soft voice, "Tumhe aisa kyon laga ki tum khoobsurat nahi ho... ya main tumse kam pyar karta hun? Maine kuch aisa kiya kya jisse tumhare mann mein yeh baat aayi? Agar kiya toh please batao na... main fir se kabhi nahi karna chahta."

She opened her eyes and looked at him through the mirror. The earnest look in his eyes, the creases on his forehead, his cheek pressing against her head, his chest giving warmth to her back... there was nothing that could ever put his adoration under the cloud of incredulity. She wanted to smack her forehead, but her hands were in his grip. A wave of extreme guilt buried her... after all that he was doing, she had shown qualms about his feelings towards her... she had hurt him... she had mistrusted him. Fresh tears spilled out of her eyes.

Sameer was taken aback. He had presumed it to be another of her emotional wavering but it appeared that he had definitely done something that had affected her to this extent. Her eyes seemed to be filled with a pain he was confused about. It was not just an overflow of her stressed hormones... it was something deeper.

He stepped to the side, making her turn to face him and cupped her face, "Naina, please aise ro mat. Main yeh aansu nahi dekh sakta. I'm sorry, jaan. Promise, maine jo kiya woh fir se nahi karunga. Bas ek baar bata do."

Breaking into sobs, she crashed into his chest, feeling more ashamed of herself at his words. He was restless now, but it was more important to soothe her first. He was unable to think of anything else that could stop this sudden outburst, except showing his love. Tilting her face up, he captured her lips, holding her face in his hands. Her wide open eyes stared at him for a moment, then closed slowly as the warmth washed over her. He wiped the wetness on her cheeks before wrapping one arm around her middle while one hand threaded into her hair, holding her head. All other thoughts drowned under the stars that she could see with closed eyes. As he deepened the kiss, her fingers dug into his back, eager to feel him more close.

A sharp jab made them jump. Sameer felt it clearly. Taking a step back, he gaped at her stomach... she had one hand over the spot where he felt the kick.

His gaze moved up to her face, still a little dazed. She nodded, confirming that it was indeed a strong movement by their baby... a kick.

He looked down again, putting his hands over her belly, "Ab aap bhi hamare pyaar ki dus... nahi, nahi, aisa nahi ho sakta... aap shayad mujhe yaad dila rahi ho ki aapki mumma ko ab aaram karna chahiye, bohot der se khadi hain."

Her eyes did not move away from him as he looped an arm around her shoulder, walking her to the bed and made her lie down comfortably. She held his hand when he turned to go, only to change before he could be with her again.

"Sameer, mere paas hi raho. Mujhe tumse kuch kehna hai." He deserved to know everything, as nanu had told her in his letter.

She shifted a little, with his help, and made place for him to sit next to her. He settled without another word, still perturbed about  whatever had caused her to feel so insecure. Now that she was ready to talk, he couldn't wait. Hesitantly, she started to tell him about the conversation she overheard in the hospital, between the two women. As she narrated everything, he sat still, listening without any expression.

"I'm sorry, Sameer, unki baaton se mujhe laga shayad tum bhi... moti toh ho gayi hun na main... tumne uss din kaha bhi tha. Lekin main galat thi. Tumhare pyar pe shaq karke mujhse bohot badi galti hui hai. Tumhare pyar mein koi dikhawa nahi hai. Mujhe hamesha se maloom hai fir bhi pata nahi kyon, unn logon ki baat sunke main darr gayi. Tumhara pyar mere liye bohot zaroori hai, Sameer. Iske bina toh main jeene ka soch bhi nahi sakti." Her voice became heavier as she confessed everything.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें