Music room

Mall road in Nainital is the definition of the town itself. It joins the two ends of Nainital, running parallel to the lake. Lined with hotels, shops, restaurants and little cafes on one side, other side was a cemented pavement with flowering trees and benches every few meters. One could sit in solitude or with friends or family, and enjoy the serene beauty of the lake. An intricate metal railing, painted black, running alongside the pavement made it more alluring, like it was a part of your own personal garden.

Sameer had spent many a days here, sitting on one of the benches, watching the other ones occupied by people talking animatedly to each other or lovers lost in themselves... and each time he was gripped by the despair of his own loneliness.

Today, sitting here with his arm around Naina's shoulder, his heart was filled not only with gratification but pride as well. She had brought everything that was missing in his life. She had not only given him the love that he so badly craved for, but had made him a better person by slowly ironing out the creases of his personality.

She had made him complete... in every sense... heart, mind, body, soul.

Like a true soulmate.

"I Love You, jaan." He planted a soft kiss on her temple as she was excitedly pointing towards something in the lake, speaking continuously.

Stopping in mid sentence, she turned to look at him with a frown, "Chup karane ka achha tareeka hai. Seedha seedha bol dete ki 'Naina, bohot bolti ho tum, chup karke baitho'."

He pressed her closer, touching her forehead with his, "Naina, bohot achha lagta hai jab tum bolti ho... baatein karti raho."

She looked into his eyes.

"Sach keh raha hun... chup karana hota toh aur bhi tareeke hain mere paas." He smirked, lowering his gaze to her lips.

"Bohot besharam ho tum." She looked away, colouring up as his heated breath fell on her cheeks.

All the scenic beauty around him faded in comparison to his blushing wife, who was an absolute enchantress an hour back.

Later, roaming around on the road, Naina shopped for some knick knacks before stopping in front of a shop displaying unusually shaped candles, a speciality of Nainital. Every second shop had the wax wonders but this appeared to be the largest.

"Tumne kabhi bataya nahi yahan aisi candles milti hain." She admired the amazing shapes given to different coloured wax.

"Maine kabhi dekha hi nahi." He picked up one in shape of a guitar.

She turned to look at him, shocked, "Har dukaan ke bahar rakhi hain aur tumhe kabhi dikhi nahi?"

He shook his head, pursing his lips. His gaze had always been lowered to the ground when he walked these roads alone, lost in thoughts. He never shopped. Never ever went to any shop except for buying eatables. There was no one he needed to shop for. No souvenirs were to be bought, no momentos to be presented to anyone.

There was no family who waited for gifts from him.

"Sameer, hum sabke liye yeh candles le lete hain... warna Preeti toh jaan kha jayegi tumhari ki kanjoos jijaji kuch laaye nahi uske liye... aur Swati bhi chedne mein peeche nahi rahegi ki aisa kya kar rahe the jo ek gift tak khareedne ka time nahi mila." Naina's voice contradicted his thoughts, bringing him to present.

A big smile lit up his face. Of course he had a number of people now who would value these gifts... he could visualise Munna Pandit snatching from each other's hands, fighting as to who would take the bigger packet... chachiji fondly placing the decorative candles on her cabinet... chachaji patting his head with a warm smile, admiring the hand carved wooden penstand. In fact, even his mom might accept one now.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें