Dushman

The ring of alarm woke up Sameer. He snapped it shut, still sleepy. Naina had wanted him to sleep early last night... owing to a busy week and mental pressure that he had whole week. There was no rest during the day either as they were busy making plans for Preeti's marriage animatedly. When they reached home after dinner, she had insisted that he straight away hits the bed. He had made different plans but did not even come to know when he fell asleep. He was mildly aware of her fingers in his hair, lightly threading through... and he had snuggled towards her warmth, as if in a dream.

Looking at her now, he saw her sleeping on her back, hair spread over her face and front. Eager to get a glimpse of her beautiful face, he lightly held her hair and moved them away.

As always, a hint of smile on her lips made him wonder about her dream. Chiding himself for forgetting to ask when she was awake, his eyes moved down... and opened wide.

The top button of her night shirt was open... in fact, it was missing. Unlike his shirts, the first button was where her mangalsutra pendent ended... and it being open gave him a view that made his throat go dry.

He gasped. Did he do it at night... or the button had decided to give company to his shirt buttons? Whatever the reason, it wasn't good for his system.

As if the slight glimpse of her milky skin wasn't enough, she stretched her arm that very moment... and the shirt pulled to one side.

His breath got caught in his throat. Partial lacy whiteness of one side was staring at him. He gulped. The dry throat was even drier now. He recalled when he had seen her in the red lace and net. Only some outside light reflected in their tent that night but he could see how the alluring pieces clung to her curves. And now, in the bright morning light, whatever little he could see made his blood rush to his ears, pounding so loud that he thought maybe she would hear it and get up.

But she slept peacefully, unaware of the storm she was causing.

His fingers ached to clear the obstruction, to give his eyes the gratification they had been yearning for.

Shifting closer to her, he lifted himself on elbow... and moved his hand to the next button. The remaining ones met the same fate. Shifting the panels aside was just a flick away. But he could not bring himself to do so while she slept unaware.

Leaning, he placed a kiss on her forehead, them on her closed eyes, on the tip of her nose, on both her cheeks and on her chin. When he lifted his head, her eyes were open.

"Ek jagah toh reh gayi." She said in sleep laden voice.

"Yeh toh shuruaat hai, jaan." He winked.

She joined her brows in confusion when he placed his palm on her belly. She smiled, yet not aware that her shirt was open. When his fingers moved up, she thought of stopping him so he doesn't get late for office.

Her hand landed directly on his... she could feel her skin as well.

With a jerk she lifted her head to see herself... and was shocked.

"Sam... Sameer... yeh kaise... tumne..." Her heart stopped beating as she tried to clutch the panels of shirt together with one hand, other one pressed under Sameer.

"Shhh..." He held her wrist, pinning her arm to one side, looking into her eyes.

She twisted... the movement made open panels of her top slip to the side on their own. She squeezed her eyes shut, biting her lower lip hard.

He saw her pained face... and kissed her eyes again.

"Naina, humara ek khoobsurat rishta hai aur iss rishte ko kaamyaab banane ke liye usme pyar hona chahiye jo hum dono mein hai... ek doosre ki izzat karni chahiye jo humne hamesha ki hai... khud se pehle ek doosre ki khushi ke baare mein sochne ka jazba hona chahiye jo hum karte hain... ek doosre ki har sahi galat baat ke saath jeene ki aadat honi chahiye jo hum seekh rahe hain... ek doosre ki har kami ko uska ek hissa maan ke apnana chahiye jo humein karna hoga... Naina, main jaanta hun mujh mein bohot kamiyaan hain, par mujhe yakeen hai tum unn sab kamiyon ke saath mujhe apna maanti ho... hamare rishte mein yeh jo vishwas hai yeh sirf mujhe hi tum par hai ya tum bhi mujh par bharosa karti ho?" He asked in a soft, gentle voice.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें