Fan

It was a Sunday. Sitting at the table, Sameer was working on computer while Naina was in the balcony. She was talking to Preeti on phone. The two spoke to each other almost everyday. Sameer was glad that his child would also have one such cousin who she would be able to turn to any time in life like Naina always had Preeti, a solid support at all times. His entire childhood was sans anyone who could be called his own.

But this won't be the case with their child. Preeti's child would be the same support for her... the two would be as inseparable as Naina and Preeti, he was sure. Of course, their daughter would have a sibling of her own as well... but that would come a few years later. He smiled as he thought about the way Naina always blushed when he teased her about six kids. But in his heart, he wanted to have a picture perfect family... with two children.

He glanced at her again. Walking the length of the balcony, she was taking slow steps as she laughed at something that Preeti was saying. Her one palm rested on her belly that was more pronounced now. He loved to see her hold the baby in this manner. The baby obviously was secure in its place, he knew that much now... but everytime she kept a protective hand over her stomach, he could feel the assurance of a mother being transferred to the unborn child. She held its hand even before the child could ask for it. He did the same when he sat next to her. Placing his palm over his growing daughter gave him the satiated feeling of being close to her. When Naina put her hand over his, their family was complete.

He cherished this bond beyond everything else in life... except Naina.

She would always be the most precious and treasured one for him. His daughter would be the apple of his eye but the place Naina had would always remain most valuable. After all, the baby would be a part of her only.

His thoughts took a break when Naina walked in after finishing her call.

"Ho gayi baat? Kaisi hai Preeti?" He smiled.

She came over to him, placing a hand on the table as she tilted her head, "Mr Maheshwari, aap kaam kar rahe the ya mujhe ghoor rahe the? Aapki aankhen ek baar bhi screen ki taraf nahi thi. Bas mujhpe tiki hui thi."

He straightened, raising his chin to get closer to her face, "Meri yeh aankhen tumse hatna hi nahi chahti. Main kya karun tumhi batao."

She gave a shy smile, putting her hand on his cheek to turn his face towards the computer, "Udhar dekho aur kaam khatam karo."

He held her hand, within his palms, looking back at her, "Tumhari aankhen bhi toh mujhpe thi. Tabhi tumhe pata chala na."

The colour he so loved on her face made its way to her cheeks. He couldn't understand how she could turn red even at the mention of looking at him when she was going to be a mother of their child. But he wasn't complaining. This hue on her face always took him back to those days in college when they met under the tree. Just his proximity would make her blush hard and he wondered how it would feel to touch her cheeks when they were like this.

His fingers went up to her face, feeling the warm skin of her soft cheeks.

"Tum aise sharmati ho toh dulhan lagti ho." He murmured.

Her lowered eyes shot up to him, "Dulhan? Pagal ho kya?"

"Sach mein lagti ho. Jab college mein tum aise laal hoti thi toh mujhe lagta tha bas kuch dinon ki baat hai... fir tumhe mere kareeb aane se aisa nahi hoga kyonki aadat pad jayegi. Lekin tum toh abhi bhi..." His eyes had a naughty glint as they moved to her tummy and went back to her face.

The colour deepened.

He planted a kiss on her belly, "Dekha baby, aapki mumma kaise har baat se sharma jaati hai... aur kabhi seedhe button..."

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें