Partner

"Naina, kaisi hai, beta? Apna khyal rakh rahi hai na?" Bela cupped Naina's face.

"Mujhe kuch karne ki zaroorat hi nahi padti, chachiji. Sameer hain na, bohot achhe se har baat ka khyal rakhte hain. Main bhool bhi jaun lekin Sameer kabhi nahi bhoolte kab juice ka time hai, kab khane ka aur kab dawai leni hai." Naina glanced at Sameer.

Bela and Anand had come to visit them. Ever since she came to know of Naina's pregnancy, Bela had made sure to visit them once a week and call her up every second day. She had even suggested that Naina could come and stay with them for sometime but Naina had politely refused, saying that she manages office work from home, through computer. The truth was, she didn't want to be away from Sameer. A smile appeared on her face as she thought of his hyper reaction had she even mentioned it to him.

"Yeh toh bohot achhi baat hai ki Sameer tera itna dhyan rakhta hai. Beta, ab chaar mahine ho chuke hain toh kuch cheezen apne khane mein shaamil karne ka time aa gaya hai. Main tere liye yeh laddu bana ke laayi hun. Inmein woh saari cheezen hain jo ek hone wali maa ke liye zaroori hain. Roz ek laddu khana, yaad se." Bela placed a large tin on the table.

"Jee chachiji. Yeh wohi laddu hain na jo aap Pooja didi ke liye banati thi aur jab main aur Preeti lene jaate the toh aap kehti thi ki..." Naina left the rest unsaid as a hint of colour crept up her face.

Bela pinched her cheek, "Main kehti thi ki inko khane ke liye khud mummy banna padta hai... aaj tera number toh aa gaya inko khane ka. Jab Preeti ka aayega toh uske liye bhi bana dungi."

Before leaving, Bela once again insisted that if anytime she had any discomfort or a problem that she didn't understand, she should call her immediately.

"Aise samay mein ek maa ki bohot zaroorat hoti hai hone wali maa ko... isliye bina soche kisi bhi waqt phone kar dena." She patted Naina's cheek.

It was around lunch time the next day when the door bell started to ring repeatedly. Naina was at home while Sameer was at office. Thinking that Sameer was back, like so many previous times, she walked out of her room. By the time she reached the living room, Ramdhari had already opened the door.

And a troubled Preeti walked in.

"Preeti, iss waqt? Kya hua? Tu theek hai na?" Naina was alarmed to see her teary eyes.

"Naina." She hugged her sister, breaking into sobs.

Ramdhari ran to the kitchen to get water.

"Yeh lijiye Preeti didi, aap pehle paani pi lijiye fir aaram se baith ke baat kar lena. Hum aap dono ke liye juice bana ke laate hain." Offering the glass to her, he gestured towards the sofa.

Preeti gulped down the water, mumbling a thank you to him.

"Ab bata kya hua... Pandit se jhagda hua hai kya?" Naina gave her a worried look, after making her sit.

Preeti shook her head, her eyes still watery.

"Offo bol na aisa kya hua Preeti, mera dil baitha jaa raha hai." Naina blurted in a loud voice, her fears rising by the second.

"Naina, teri... teri baat... sach ho gayi, behen." Preeti said in a trembling voice.

"Kaunsi baat?" Naina could feel sweat forming on her forehead.

"Ab mere bachhe ko paas hone ke liye kisi aur ko nahi dhoondna padega." Preeti smiled through her tears.

For a moment, Naina kept staring at her, dumbfounded. Then her gaze slowly moved to Preeti's belly. She raised her brows in question. Preeti nodded shyly.

Naina hugged her so tight that Preeti had to shake her to remind that they both were pregnant.

"Achha hai na, hamare bachhe bhi mil lenge ek doosre se." She giggled as she moved back.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें