Handsome

Sameer stepped out of the washroom in Gujarati outfit. He was initially a little apprehensive but when he thought about it, the idea didn't seem that bad. Whenever he had asked Naina to wear something special, she had complied every single time. It was his turn now. Moreover, it wasn't looking bad. The hesitation was also gone as he knew more than half of Ahmedabad men would be sporting this kind of dress.

Wrapping the thick, silver kada around his wrist, he slipped his feet into the mojris and was ready to go out and surprise his wife.

She wasn't surprised... she was bedazzled.

Sameer took long steps towards her. Her eyes took in every little detail of his elaborate look. Right from his bright mojris to red dhoti to the traditional patterned red top that flared below his chest, swaying with each step that he took towards her. The broad silver kada that he was wearing was perfecting the look even more. She was glad she insisted on buying it when they were picking up jewellery for her. The way he twisted it on his wrist now made her heart miss several beats. With a dry throat she watched his silky locks flutter as he walked towards her. She had never seen anyone appear as handsome as Sameer looked, in this costume.

He could see the unequivocal appreciation in her eyes. He did not miss the slight movement of the column of her throat as she gulped when he adjusted his kada. The effect he was having on her made his heart swell up in pride.

He was now glad about her decision. Naina had insisted that they would see each other only after they both were fully dressed up for the event. He had protested hard but she didn't relent. Finally, he had to give in, going to guest room to dress up. The way he had left her shaken was worth the effort.

If she was so affected by him, he was equally stirred to see her complete look. Slowly moving his gaze up her feet, he observed intricate work on her skirt. The colours spanned over black base were interspersed with hundreds of tiny mirrors, making the darkness of base colour sparkle up with the vibrancy on its surface. His eyes twinkled as they moved up to see the heavy flair of lehenga contained around her tiny waist, bare skin visible through the flimsy dupatta. Silver oxidised jewellery that she was wearing was his choice too, but it looked more captivating on her now. The heavy choker, long earrings, a small maangtika that rested in the parting of her open hair, and a number of jingling silver bangles on both her wrists. Her eyes were lined with dark kohl against the bright red on her lips.

He gripped her waist, pulling her harshly towards himself as he stared deeply into her eyes, "Kyon kiya?"

With her hands on his shoulders, she gazed at him with adoring eyes. Her hands slipped down his arms, feeling the clenched muscles as he held her tight.

Resting her palms flatly on his broad chest, she dipped her head to the side, "Tumne ek baar keh diya toh main kaise bhool sakti hun?"

His hold loosened, letting her turn slowly. This time, he himself pushed the hair away from her neck, letting them fall over one shoulder. The dori was properly strung through all loops but she had not tied the knot. With a smile on his lips, he held both strings, securing them to form a bow. He couldn't help placing a kiss on the bare part of her shoulder. She stepped ahead to bring some distance between them, scared that he would again make her lose control like he did in the trial room. Holding her wrist, he spun her around to crash against his chest. Her control was already tremulous, after seeing him dressed like this. As his dark eyes showed her reflection, she could feel the drumming of her heart so loud in her ears that she was sure he could hear it too.

"Tum... tum aaj bohot handsome lag rahe ho." Her voice was a husky whisper.

A knowing smile played on his lips, "Lagta hai aaj Mrs Maheshwari ka mood bahar jaane ka nahi hai."

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें