Balance

Sana was so engrossed with her cousins that she didn't notice immediately when Naina and Sameer reached Anand's house. Preeti had left both Harsh and Bhavya, her one and half  year old daughter with them for a while. The elder brother and sister took it upon themselves to teach the little one everything. Bhavya had recently learnt to walk and explored the house on unsteady steps. Her siblings followed her everywhere, stopping her whenever she touched something that could hurt her.

Bela smiled proudly after she stood watching them with Naina and Sameer, still at the door, "Sana aur Harsh itne samajhdar hain, kitne achhe se khyal rakh rahe hain Bhavya ka."

Hearing her voice, Sana looked up and noticed her parents.

"Papaaaa. Mummaaaa." She ran towards them.

Sameer bent down and lifted her. Sana bent a little sideways and threw one arm around Naina's neck while holding one around Sameer. They remained locked in a close family hug for a while. Then Sana gave a kiss to both of them, accepting theirs on a beaming face.

"Pata hai, Preeti maasi ne kaha main Bhavya ka dhyan rakhu, kyonki main big hun na?" She spread her arms wide to emphasise the difference in size between her and Bhavya.

Naina laughed and went inside, picking up little Bhavya in her arms. Sameer lifted Harsh after putting Sana down, kissing his cheek and asking him how he was.

"Chachu, muje bhi aishe wala chiye." He wasn't as fluent as Sana in speaking but conveyed his demand for a hug by gestures.

The hug this time consisted of four.

Sana excitedly narrated to them what all Bhavya had learnt since they last met.

"Nainaaaa." Preeti screeched from the door itself the moment she entered the house with Pandit.

They had gone for some work after dropping the kids an hour back.

Bela waved her head affectionately at them, "Aise chillane mein Sana apni maasi pe gayi hai."

Preeti looked at her mother, her arms still around Naina, "Haan toh maasi pe jayegi hi... aakhir itna pyar jo karti hun main usse... aur Naina se."

She squeezed Naina tighter, winking at Sameer, who was tapping his foot while rubbing his hands. Naina had once told Preeti about his jealousy. Since then, Preeti never missed a chance to make him envious by showing more love towards her sister. To Sameer's relief, Bhavya tugged at her mom's saree, asking for her share of attention.

"Pichle hafte hi toh mili thi Preeti tumse... fir aisa kya jaise saalon baad mili ho." Sameer muttered to Naina.

Though he wasn't loud, Preeti's sharp ears caught his words.

She leaned a little from her standing position and said in a lower voice, "Aap toh ek ghante baad bhi Naina se milte honge toh isse kahin zyada hota hoga na, jijaji."

Sameer looked up sheepishly while Naina gave her an angry glare, her cheeks instantly colouring up.

Bela and Anand were elated at having spent the weekend with their grandchildren.

When Naina went to the kitchen to put back the tea cups, Bela stopped her, "Naina, tune dekha na kitni khush hai Sana Harsh aur Bhavya ke saath. Bhavya ka toh aise khyal rakhti hai jaise usse sab samajh hai bachhe sambhalne ki."

Naina chuckled, "Chachiji, woh office ke playroom mein dekhti hai na Tara aunty ko. Sana bohot jaldi seekh leti hai. Ghar pe bhi apni dolls ka aise hi khyal rakhti hai."

Bela placed a hand on her shoulder, "Toh beta tune kya socha hai... Sana ka bhi toh koi chota bhai behen hona chahiye na."

Naina pressed her lips lowering her eyes, "Uske baare mein abhi socha nahi, chachiji."

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें