Kahaniyan

It had been one week since they met the doctor. Naina had been feeling absolutely fine and energetic... maybe the medicines that doctor had prescribed or the extra concern that both Sameer and Ramdhari had been showing or perhaps the tender and loving care of her husband for every step that she took was making sure that she felt no discomfort.

But this morning was different. She was woken up by a sudden uneasiness in her chest. A few deep breaths and she knew she had to reach the washroom. She came out a little later, breathing heavily. Doctor had mentioned that morning sickness is a very common occurrence. But it left her feeling weak and shaky... and with a bad taste in mouth, in spite of brushing.

Since it was quite early, she went back to bed. She wasn't sleepy anymore. Resting against the headboard, she looked at Sameer... and a smile spread on her face. Sleeping on his stomach, with his arms spread around, he himself looked like a baby. He was indeed one. A short laugh spurted out of her when she recalled how he had reacted to the big teddy bear when she had put it on the bed.

"Yeh yahan rahega toh main kahan jaunga?" He was flabbergasted.

"Preeti ne kaha hai isse beech mein rakhne ko, jisse tumhe aadat ho jaye ki koi aane wala hai jiski jagah yahan hogi... hum dono ke beech mein." She had answered nonchalantly.

He snatched the teddy, taking it back to the couch before jumping on the bed and pulling her in his arms.

"Meri jaan, hum dono ke beech mein koi aa hi nahi sakta. Apni beti ko hum yahin rakhenge par woh hamare saath hogi, hamare beech mein nahi. Aur tumse pyar karne se mujhe na Preeti rok sakti hai na uska yeh bhalu." He had nuzzled his face in her hair, making her giggle as his fingers tickled her waist.

He had not let her put the stuffed toy on bed again.

"Do do bachhon ko sambhalna padega mujhe." She mumbled, ruffling his hair.

Her mere touch made him smile. He opened one eye lazily. Seeing her sitting, he shifted quickly to place his head in her lap while his arms circled her waist.

"Ahh Sameer nahi." She stiffened, feeling the nausea build up again.

His eyes shot open, "Kya hua, Naina?"

Pushing at his shoulder, she rushed to the bathroom, with Sameer at her heels.

It was another round. But this time, he held her from one shoulder, rubbing her back as she doubled over the basin. Once done, she rinsed her mouth and straightened. Feeling extremely weak, she leaned on his chest. He quickly took the hand towel and put it under the tap. Squeezing out excess water with one hand, he wiped the sweat from her face and neck. The cold compress made her feel a little better and she tried to move but his arm held her close. Putting back the towel, he gently lifted her in his arms and carried her back.

She smiled as he placed her on the bed, treating her like a fragile doll.

"Ab kaisa lag raha hai?" He asked, sitting in front of her.

She dipped her head to the side.

"Tumhare liye thodi chai aur biscuit leke aata hun. Doctor ne kaha tha aisa lage toh kuch kha lena chahiye." He patted her cheek.

"Chai nahi, mujhe coffee chahiye." She felt a sudden craving for the aroma of coffee.

He leaned to plant a kiss on her forehead before rushing out. Precisely in five minutes, he was back with coffee and two biscuits. She inhaled deeply from the cup. Only after she had eaten one biscuit and had half of the coffee did she realise that it was too early for Ramdhari to have arrived.

"Yeh tumne banayi?" She questioned.

He nodded.

He had been sitting next to her legs, with his palms resting on both sides of her waist, watching her with concern as she sipped the coffee. Her pale face had worried him sick but the book he had been reading was a great help. Now he knew that this was not alarming. Seeing his apprehensions about everything, Naina has asked him to stop in the market few days back while they were returning from office. She took him to a book store and purchased a book on pregnancy. He was reluctant in the beginning but as he started going through it, it appeared the book was written only for him... answering all his questions, even the ones which had not formed in his mind yet. It was a comprehensive guide for parents to be.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें