Chapter 2: The Black Hearted Aunt

She took the handkerchief beside her pillow and wiped her tears. Then, she tilted her slightly pale face up. There was a deep confusion in her dark eyes as she looked at Mo Zhu. It was a cutting look that made one feel subconsciously cold. Mo Zhu shuddered under the gaze and retracted her hand subconsciously. She could not speak, pleasing words stuck at her throat. Yet, she did not dare to leave.

Mother Xu walked up and pushed her away, glaring at Mo Zhu unhappily. Then, she put thick lotus colored embroidered pillows behind Mo Xuetong and helped her lean into them carefully.

"Tong'er isn't feeling well, why are you still letting her lean back. Hurry, it's better to lie down. Don't harm her because of this. It's true that children with no mothers are pitiful. Even those serving them don't do their best. Aunt will give you another two maids in a couple of days and change a few of the servants around here so we can get rid of the servants who don't do anything." Mdm Yu said so with a vicious smile when she saw that Mother Xu was defying her and had ignored her completely.

She had just awakened from her coma after falling into the lake. Her face was pale and haggard, making her look pitiful. After hiding the coldness in her eyes, she looked up weakly and said gratefully, "Aunt, Tong'er doesn't want to sleep. If I sleep, I won't be able to wake up! The doctor also said that I should not sleep too much after waking up from falling into water. Tong'er thanks auntie for her good intentions. Mother Xu and the others have worked hard to serve Tong'er. They were all left to Tong'er by mother. Tong'er does not dare to just switch servants."

Was that a soft rejection?

Mdm Yu's smile froze slightly. She looked at the girl carefully and only saw a gentle smile on the young face. It was no different from before except that her eyes were brighter than usual. It was a deep dark black.

Her statement was filled with a hidden sharpness. It did not seem like something the weak and cowardly Mo Xuetong would say. In the past, Mo Xuetong would not dare to contradict her so openly even if she did not agree. Could it be that something had happened to the girl when she fell into the lake? Mdm Yu could not help but look at Mo Xuetong suspiciously.

"Mo Zhu, why are you not serving Aunt tea?" Mo Xuetong pretended not to see Mdm Yu's suspicious glance. She turned around and shouted at Mo Zhu. The endless darkness in her eyes needled on Mo Zhu like cold water

Mo Zhu heard what Mo Xuetong said and she looked up as if she was shocked. She saw Mo Xuetong lying against a large pillow, looking at her sideways with deep and dark eyes!

It was a look that seemed to see through her heart, and it made Mo Zhu afraid. She shuddered unconsciously and dared not say anything else. She turned away hurriedly and brought the tea over and gave it to Mdm Yu with a pale face. She only calmed down slightly when Mdm Yu gave her a calm look.

She stood behind Mdm Yu with her head and shoulders down. She was treating herself as Mdm Yu's servant. She told herself that she did not have to fear because her madam was around!

Mdm Yu was focused on Mo Xuetong and could not be bothered with the thoughts of a maid. She had not noticed that Mo Zhu had stood behind her after serving her tea, going against the rules. Mo Xuetong glanced at Mo Zhu sideways without saying anything. She did not ask her to return.

Mdm Yu took the cup and took a sip. She then placed it on one side and held Mo Xuetong's hand naturally. She patted it warmly and said gently, "Since you're not willing, then Aunt cannot make decisions on your behalf as well. I haven't seen you in tow days, and you're looking so weak. Later, I'll get someone to bring you ginseng to nourish your body. You can't hurt your vital energy. You're a girl, it'd be terrible if you hurt your vital energy."