Chapter 18: Meeting Bai Yihao for the First Time

Luo Cheng was a general who had been guarding the borders all this while. He left his family in the capital and only Luo Wenyou and Luo Wenchi accompanied him. They studied martial arts as well, so they stayed at the borders with him. They rarely returned home.

Mo Huawen had stayed in Cloud City all this while and was not close with the general's family. In her last life, Mo Xuetong had not even seen her cousin when she entered the capital. Firstly, it was because she was older, and secondly, Mo Xuetong had been disfigured and felt inferior because of that. She did not even meet her closest relatives and friends. She would only receive a present from this cousin of hers on her birthday every year. The presents kept arriving even when the General Manor became destitute.

She bowed deeply to Luo Wenyou when she saw her cousin standing tall at the doorway with crystal clear eyes. Her heart twinged. She was grateful that he had not given up on her in her past life even when everyone had, and was thankful that it seemed that he still loved her as much in this life.

Luo Wenyou was surprised when he saw the gentle and elegant young woman.

"Younger sister Tong is so pretty. Uncle, you're too much, how could you bear to leave such a beautiful daughter in Cloud City?" Luo Mingzhu said as she took a few steps forward and then sized up Mo Xuetong with a smile.

"Eldest cousin, second cousin!" Mo Xuetong curtseyed deeply again.

Luo Wenyou regained his wits and said with a laugh, "Younger sister Tong, there's no need to be so polite amongst siblings. Your clothes are too thin, you've got to take care of your health!"

Her weak constitution made others dote on her for some reason. Luo Wenyou's expression darkened when he recalled that his aunt used to be like that too, and then, had died young.

"Alright, alright. You rarely come, why do you mention this the moment you meet? Even though your younger sister's health is poor, but her foundation is not bad." The old madam interrupted when she saw the film of tears in Mo Xuetong's eyes.

"Grandmother is right. Since Younger sister Tong has come to the capital, then we should help to regulate her heath. Grandmother, I have just received some precious medicinal herbs. I wanted to send them to you, it looks like Younger sister Tong will get a share too, so I can be at ease." Luo Wenyou smiled serenely and sat on a carved seat.

"Oh, you. You can't just eat medicine randomly. We don't know how your younger sister's constitution is like. We have to get her a checkup first." The old madam was in a good mood when she saw ho concerned Luo Wenyou was for Mo Xuetong. Then, she glanced at Mo Xuetong, who was by her side. They looked exactly like Cheng'er and Xia'er in the past. The old madam could not help but feel sad and happy at the same time.

Mo Xuetong knew that the old madam was thinking about her mother, who had passed away young, when she saw the sad expression on her face when she looked at Luo Wenyou and herself. She hurried to wrangle her hand out of Luo Mingzhu's grasp and went to pull on the old madam's hands. She said coyly, "Eldest brother is so concerned for me, how can grandmother not be happy. He must have already considered this and won't let Tong'er eat any medicine randomly."

She had heard that her Eldest cousin was very intelligent. He would never do anything unprepared.

Indeed, Luo Wenyou gave her an appreciative glance and answered with a smile, "Grandmother, You'er has considered all of this and I've even called for a famous physician. I've called in a lot of favors to invite him. I even gave away the memoirs of Benyan that you gave me that time. My heart is still aching. Grandmother has got to remember to give me another one next time."

"This child is so stingy. Your heart is aching just after using some little thing of yours for your younger sister." The old madam laughed out loud for it was rare to see her grandson looking as if his heart was aching.