Chapter 40: The Mother and Daughter from Fuqing Garden Plots Again

"I will mind myself. Auntie, please mind your own business next time as well or you might not only fail to become the matriarch but also lose your position as a concubine. Father's tolerance has its limits too. Auntie, please consider elder brother and me when you do things. Don't be full of yourself and do low-class things, forgetting your status. The General Manor has not had much to say to the Mo Manor recently because of the poor relations between them and father. Now that the little slut is back, there are some things that you cannot handle." Mo Xuemin harrumphed and turned to speak to Mo Jin who had been standing outside the door, not even daring to move.

"Auntie Fang, please go back. Father might ask you questions later. Please be smarter and don't get confused again and get Father angry. Find time to speak to Father regarding that matter. Pretend to suffer a little. He might let you off then."

Auntie Fang wanted to say something else. However, she saw Mo Xuemin closing her eyes, and she stomped her feet. Then, she thought of how Mo Huawen might possibly come and she panicked. She turned to leave hurriedly. Nanny Li who was waiting outside rushed up to her with her coat and they left in a hurry.

"Mo Jin, go and see if anyone is here. If they are here, ask them to wait in the garden. Say that I will go out in a bit. Prepare tea for them." Inside the house, Mo Xuemin opened her eyes. She had already put on her usual graceful and gentle smile. She was still the kind and gracious First Miss of the Mo family.

She definitely had to attend the flower appreciation banquet. She would not let the little slut ruin her plans!

"Yes!" Mo Jin, who was standing behind the curtains lowered her head in reply and turned to leave.

"What? You were the one who took the invite?" Mo Huawen's eyes were a little cold and a little disappointed. He looked at his youngest daughter distantly and coldly. They were both 13 years old and Tong'er was only a few days older than her. However, Tong'er was so obedient while his youngest daughter who always behaved adorably before him was so short-sighted.

When had his youngest daughter been brought up to be so mean? She was not only high and mighty, she had even taken an invitation meant for Tong'er.

"Old Sir, Qiong'er is insensible. She didn't mean to do it. Someone must have instigated her to do it. Otherwise, she would not dare to do something like that." Auntie Qing did not think that Mo Xueqiong would be implicated in the investigation. She knelt beside Mo Xueqiong and pleaded for her.

"How dare you speak. You are the one who taught her. She does not even know the status difference between the main daughter and the daughters of the concubines. She is just a mere daughter of a concubine, and she dared to go against Tong'er. Tong'er is the main daughter and has the right to attend the banquet. If you go, you will only embarrass me. How dare you even think about it." Mo Huawen yelled sharply. He only felt extremely disappointed in this daughter.

"Father, Eldest Sister went to the flower appreciation banquet last year too. Eldest Sister went, so why can't I. We are all daughters of concubines, so there should not be any difference between us. Furthermore, Third Sister has only just returned to the capital. How would she know what to take note of at a banquet like this? You might as well let me go so that I can make you proud." Mo Xueqiong was so frightened her face was pale. However, she could not let go of her chance to attend the banquet, which was why she was arguing while crying.

"You unfilial daughter. How dare you argue with me? You are rebelling. Come, take Fourth Miss to the shed and lock her up." Mo Huawen shook with anger, the green veins on his forehead twitched forcefully.

A few maidservants came up to drag Mo Xueqiong away.

"Father, Father. I won't do it again! I won't do it again." Mo Xueqiong did not dare to say anything else when she saw Mo Huawen's stern expression. She knelt on the floor, shaking tearfully while pleading with her father.