Chapter 79: Go with the Flow and Another Scheme

Sima Lingyun was rather confident in his own charm. A young lady from the countryside that was Cloud City definitely would not have ever seen such a gracious and elegant man like him. As long as he was more gentle, he would easily get a girl like her who did not know anything.

He was secretly delighted and his smile grew even more gentle and charming as he looked at Mo Xuetong warmly. Mo Xuetong felt goosebumps appear all over her body. However, she smiled at him gently by all outward appearance and coldly in her heart. She could not wait to tear off that fake gentleness on his face.

In her past life, she was determined to marry Sima Lingyun right after she met him. He had not wasted too much effort to get her heart. In this life, she had long since seen through his character flaws. She would not marry him again. That was why he had tried again and again to create opportunities for them to meet. It would be best if rumors were to spread because of this!

Rumors, she shall see if they can stand against the rumors!

The carriage was spacious. Sima Lingyun only entered the carriage after both Mo Xueqiong and Mo Xuetong got on. He discovered after he got on that Mo Xueqiong had taken the innermost seat while Mo Xuetong sat outside. Sima Lingyun could only move in and sat close to Mo Xueqiong. A strong fragrant scent came from Mo Xueqiong. It was a scent that made one's heart beat faster and one's breath grow more heated.

"Your Excellency, have you seen Eldest Sister on your journey here?" Mo Xuetong looked up and leaned against the inside part of the carriage and asked him with a casual smile.

There was a light gauze curtain hanging down from the carriage window. Sunlight streamed through it and onto half her face. Half of her face was in the light while the other was shrouded in darkness. It made her beautiful face seemed more mysterious and charming coupled with her beautiful smile. Even though her body was still immature, her beauty was stunning.

Sima Lingyun turned his head and could not see her entire face. He could only see the side of her face with a gentle smile. His heart skipped a beat and his eyes grew darker. He felt really hot and he took two deep breaths. He suddenly felt as if the scent from Mo Xueqiong, who was on his side, was too strong. It made one feel stifled and annoyed. He only calmed down when he turned around hurriedly to the other side.

"I did not see first miss along this way. However, it is a good day to look at plum blossoms today. I heard that the plum blossoms there blossom earlier than others. You can both go pick a few and put them in a vase. It is an enjoyable thing to do. He smiled to hide the discomfort he felt. His body moved towards the outside and away from Mo Xueqiong.

"Your Excellency, help me pick a few later. I can bring them back and put them in the beautiful vase that you gave me last time." Mo Xueqiong moved closer to Sima Lingyun in order to hear him better. She turned around and stared at him.

"Fourth Miss, you are too polite. My cousin brought the vase with her to the capital last time. Because it was a gift from her, we sent one to every noble lady and wife from the manors we are friendly with. I am glad that you liked it." Even though Sima Lingyun was smiling, there was a look of displeasure in his eyes.

Mo Xueqiong was unlike Mo Xuemin. Even though Mo Xuemin was a concubine's daughter, she was gentle and talented. She was also unlike Mo Xuetong, who even though was not mature, was already extremely beautiful. He was not interested in her at all. Yet, she insisted on leaning towards him and using some worthless matters to get closer to him. The fragrance she wore made him even more annoyed. It was all thanks to his good upbringing for him to keep a smile on his face.

He was interested in Mo Xuetong, so he would not make Mo Xuetong suspicious of him. As such, he explained himself immediately!

"Your Excellency is really close to Eldest Sister. Have you admired the plum blossoms with Eldest Sister in the past?" Mo Xuetong smiled and asked him. She was pleased to be given some peace and quiet when she saw Mo Xueqiong moving closer towards Sima Lingyun.