Chapter 195

Chapter 195 The Intelligent Grand Secretariat's Daughter

Mo Xuetong did not know what happened. She met Xu Yan and the two started chatting.

After a few days of getting to know each other, Mo Xuetong found that she was very satisfied with this aunt of hers. That was because while Xu Yan looked gentle and fragile on the surface, she was very opinionated. Otherwise, she would not have delayed her marriage until now and be so picky about her husband.

That was for the best. Xu Yan's character would not allow Auntie Fang and Lan Xinru to have a second chance. If Xu Yan had been a weak-willed noble lady, she would definitely be no match for them. One of them had Mo Xuemin pull the strings behind her and Xuemin had someone to back her as well. The other's backing was the Old Madam. They both had different advantages.

Furthermore, Xu Yan's character was a good match for her father. Mo Xuetong knew that even though Mo Huawen doted on her now, she could still sense Mo Huawen's softness. His strength did not lie in managing the inner courtyard! The hierarchy in the inner courtyard almost did not exist any longer!

The gossip must have taken effect. Her aunt brought up her father shyly. Even though she was just asking about regular things, Mo Xuetong could sense the underlying currents. She praised her father without hesitation and even mentioned that the pouch Xu Yan gave her was very beautiful. Her father thought that Mo Xuetong made it so he carried it with him.

This made Xu Yan flush with shyness. She did not say anything and returned to her courtyard.

What she had to do next was to deal with her father!

Mo Xuetong had already decided what to do. She turned around and returned to her courtyard. Mo Yu hurried up to her on her way back.

Mo Yu did not see Mo Xueyan being stopped at the inner doors. However, she saw Mo Xueyan running back, looking very pathetic. She knew that Mo Xueyan must have done something and had been taught a lesson by someone. As such, she ignored Mo Xueyan and went to look for Mo Xuetong. While searching, she received shocking news. When she went to search for Mo Xuetong at the fake mountains, she heard that someone had died there.

She was frightened and squeezed up in front of the crowd to take a look. The deceased was a maid who had fallen from the rocks into the water for some reason. Her head was covered in blood and Mo Yu did not dare to look. She continued searching, and fortunately, a maid by Xu Yan's side saw her and told her where Mo Xuetong was.

"The maid died because she fell into the water and hit the rocks?" Mo Xuetong asked Mo Yu as they walked. She had sensed the glint of the sword, so why had the maid died from impacting the rocks instead?

"That's right. I could not really see from where I was standing, but there was a lot of blood on her head. I was very scared and ran away." Mo Yu still felt afraid when she recalled the scene. She would not have been so curious if she had not been worried about her mistress.

The two saw Luo Mingzhu while they were talking.

There were a few young ladies who were dressed in bright colors and fine clothes around her. They all wore brightly colored coats and had leather on the cuffs of their clothes. The leather and fur made the clothes look especially luxurious. The girls were all beautiful and looked picturesque.

"Cousin Tong, where did you go? I looked for you for a good while. Come, let me introduce you to a few people." Luo Mingzhu saw Mo Xuetong and greeted her enthusiastically.

Everyone turned around to look at Mo Xuetong. Their expressions all looked different.

Mo Xuetong smiled and greeted the other ladies unhurriedly as Luo Mingzhu introduced them to each other.