Chapter 25: Meeting an Old Friend at the Buddhist Hall

Mo Xuetong was informed after dinner that she had to to go the hall on the left of the meditation garden without taking anyone with her. She could not see the face of the person approaching clearly in the night. She had a vague feeling that it was a guard. She gave Mo Lan a sheet of paper with the same symbol. Judging by the age of the paper, it was very old.

Shuang Ye and Qiu Ling were dragged by Mo Yu to the room to embroider flowers to make a handkerchief that Mo Xuetong "liked".

Mo Lan had not wanted to let Mo Xuetong go alone. However, Mo Xuetong was very determined and Mo Lan could not do anything about it and had to agree.

Mo Xuetong walked on the quiet path alone. No matter in her past life or in the present, she had always been hidden in the back courtyards. She had never gone out secretly to meet anyone in the dark night. Even though she was calm, her fingers were clenched tightly and her hands were cold.

However, the other party had requested that she went alone and she did not dare to offend him. She really needed the two secret guards! As such, she had to do what the person asked!

The Buddhist hall was not too far away. She could vaguely see what was happening there when she stood at the door. As such, Mo Xuetong was not afraid of losing her way.

There was no moonlight at all on the path. The moon could not be seen tonight and silence pervaded the entire meditation garden. Even the sounds of the wooden fish that should be present in the temple could not be heard either. It made everything seem strange. Only the sounds of her light footsteps broke through the silence. Mo Xuetong bit her lips tightly, feeling a natural fear. She stood still and looked at her rooms. She could see Mo Lan's lone figure being shone upon by the dim lantern far away in the distance.

She was afraid, as if she was walking in an endless patch of darkness. She closed her eyes...

There was a sudden flicker of light in front of her eyes. She could see herself in the light, bleeding from all her orifices. That pain was something that she would haunt her even when she died...

If she could live again, and even if she were to become a ghost, she was willing to use herself to drag them all into hell with her!

She breathed in again and pulled out a hairpin from her hair and held it in her hand. The sharp end of the hairpin was lodged in her palms. It hurt her, but she continued to hold on to it tightly. She used the sharp pain to control the uneasiness and fear she felt.

The path was not long. However, Mo Xuetong felt as if it was far away. Her pink lips were bitten to a pale white by her. She could hear her heart beating wildly.

The doors of the hall finally appeared before her. She did not enter straight but hesitated for a while. She leaned against the door subconsciously and peered through the door cracks.

"Oh, a noble lady can be so impolite to peek at others through the cracks of the door?" There was a soft voice by her ear. Mo Xuetong was surprised and raised her hand subconsciously, plunging wildly with the hairpin she held tightly in her hand.

"Oh, it's you!" The lazy laughter had a tinge of surprise. The voice seemed to come from far away. A pair of strong hands held her hand holding the hairpin. The doors of the Buddhist hall which had been knocked somewhat open was pushed open. Light shone from inside the hall and shone on the man's face.

For an instant, she felt as if the world was spinning around her. She leaned against the door with a bang and caused the doors of the hall to make a muffled sound.

"Go in." The man held her hand and brought her into the hall. The doors of the hall were closed soundlessly. Because there was light, it was as if the warmth of the light was brought to her body. Mo Xuetong immediately regained her senses and shook the hand off her violently. She took a few steps back and looked up again.