Chapter 62

The reason why Yu Feng was here was simple. His younger sister had gone to him, crying. He was very angry but was trying not to show it. He asked, "Lord Mo, Feng'er is already so old. How can he represent the household with his status? He can't even have a good marriage. He is your only son. Do you intend to let him carry the name as the concubine's son forever?"

It was indeed hard for Mo Yufeng to marry a noble young lady with his status as the concubine's son. Even though he was the only son of the family, Mo Huawen was still young. If he married another woman, she might bear him a son. That would become his main son, and he would one day represent the family.

If that happened, who would care about a concubine's son? So what if he was the elder son!

This was what the Yu family was most worried about. If Auntie Fang wanted to be acknowledged in her own family, she could not do so as a concubine. The Yu family would not allow a main daughter of theirs to become someone's concubine. As such, the Yu family would not be able to acknowledge her in their ancestral halls if Mo Huawen did not marry her. Even though everyone in the Yu family knew about it, they could not make it public.

Yu Feng pitied his younger sister a lot, especially so after he saw how thin Auntie Fang had gotten when he entered Lihua Garden earlier. She did not look like how she had when she first came to the capital. He saw how she looked aggrieved and cried when she talked about what had made her sad, and as such, he felt entirely dissatisfied with Mo Huawen. He waited in the study for a long time and heard that Mo Huawen had gone to General Manor to visit his daughter. He thought that Mo Huawen must be after the General Manor's support, which was why he had not married Yu Feng's sister even after all this while.

He naturally felt upset about it.

"Lord Yu, we will talk about Auntie Fang later. Min'er got into trouble sometime earlier and even drew the ire of Her Majesty. She would..." Mo Huawen brought up Mo Xuemin's incident. He knew what Yu Feng wanted, but he did not want to suddenly make Auntie Fang the madam before he thought it through carefully.

"Min'er must have suffered because of what happened in the palace. She is just a young lady who has just arrived at the palace. How could she know anyone in there? The incident with King Chu has more to do with his position. It has nothing much to do with us. The Empress would understand. "Yu Feng put down his teacup with displeasure.

"Even so, we have to see how the Palace feels about it. No matter what, Min'er still has a bad name right now..." Mo Huawen hesitated. The rumors about Mo Xuemin had not abated. Instead, they had grown even more vicious. Even some of his old friends would mention the matter. Mo Huawen was very angry about it.

And it made him even more hesitant.

"Then what about Feng'er? Min'er is a daughter, but Feng'er is a boy. He will take up the helm of this family. This is the right time to find him a good match. If you remain hesitant, it will grow more difficult for him to find a match." Even though Yu Feng agreed with what Mo Huawen had said, his stand immediately solidified when he thought of how his sister had cried and pleaded with him.

Mo Huawen would have thought of his only son. As such, he had not done anything to Auntie Fang. He could not have done anything to her because of his children. He frowned and felt very annoyed. "Lord Yu, let's talk about this matter in a few days. I will think about it again!"

"Lord Mo, are you worried about General Manor?" "I remember that you seemed to have had a fallout with the Fu General Manor when your wife died. They did not even let you enter the city gates. It's been more than a year, and I have never heard of a husband remaining single for his deceased wife. Furthermore, Auntie Fang gave birth to a son and a daughter for you, and even if she had not done anything to benefit the family, she has worked hard for it. Could you bear to let her continue suffering?" Yu Feng felt a little angry when he saw how Mo Huawen was still hesitant. He half-mocked him by bringing up the Fu General...