Chapter 148

Chapter 148 Four Great Manors Were All In Trouble

They almost claimed to the outsiders that Mo Xueqiong would be the same as the main wife. But they couldn't because Sima Lingyun's wife was not chosen and it might have a bad influence on his choice of wife. Only Mo Huawen knew that.

They had reached an agreement in secret and had a close connection, which was known to many people in the capital. The thing happened in the plum blossom forest was hidden on purpose, and many people only knew about the sudden fire that day. Thus, many people were envious of Sima Lingyun, who was so lucky to marry Capital Official's daughter as a respected concubine.

This thing had been officially recognized. Once Mo Xueqiong refused the marriage, Duke's manor would be most disgraced!

Duke's manor wouldn't be able to marry a main wife if they couldn't fix a concubine!

This message was sent by a maid from Mo Manor.

The duchess didn't want to be in the trouble at first, but then she felt something wrong with it and called Sima Lingyun back hurriedly. There was no main wife in Mo Manor, so, the duchess had no good reason to lower her status to visit those concubines. And the only man in Duke's manor was Sima Lingyun, so he would be the one to look up what had happened in Mo Manor and why such words got out.

"You're supposed to get changed in a while and have a few rests. It won't be easy for Mo Manor to deny the marriage now that the whole capital knew about it. The fourth young miss in Mo Manor couldn't change the result." Seeing her son in such a hurry, the duchess was unsatisfied with Mo Xueqiong already who was yet to meet her and didn't let them off even in the New Year. If it's not for Mo Xueqiong's father, the duchess would call off the marriage herself.

"It's okay, mom. I'll get changed first and then go to Mo Manor. Official Mo told me to visit him more often when I was free." Sima Lingyun set down his anger and comforted his mother.

Mo Xueqiong was the most ordinary daughter in Mo Manor, so Sima Lingyun had never thought of marrying her. But now, he would have to marry her in the end, which was quite surprising. Besides, his mother wanted to give her the same position of the main wife, so Sima Lingyun agreed with Yun Yiqiu's advice to go to the south of the Yangtze River full of anger. He thought it might save him some trouble and distress.

But he didn't expect more trouble from her. Maybe she really wanted to be his main wife, which was impossible! If he could, he'd rather marry Mo Xuemin, who was smarter, gentler and more attractive. Thus, Mo Xueqiong, the plain concubine's daughter would have no chance.

"That's all right. When you're done telling Official Mo the whole thing, come home early. I prepared Baihe chicken that you liked most for you, and it has been baked for six hours." Seeing his son mature and well-behaved, the duchess felt comforted and even more unsatisfied with Mo Xueqiong at the same time. Mo Xueqiong made her son suffer like this and hurry back, which was really annoying!

Sima Lingyun replied his mother obediently and went into his own room. There was hot water prepared for him already. He got bathed and changed, and then he went to Mo Manor hurriedly with presents. Now that such words came out from Mo Manor, he had to treat it seriously.

But the minute he entered Mo Manor, Mo Xiu took him along.

The elegant sound of a qin came out from a pavilion on a rockery. Sometimes it sounded like a smooth stream, which was caught in the rain and whispered. Other times, it sounded superb like pearls falling in the jade plate and then a flood spreading away, which was rich and untouchable like the clouds on the sky.

"Ding!" The sound of the qin suddenly stopped!

White clean fingers were quietly placed on the black strings.