Chapter 167

Chapter 167 The Interesting Show at Qingfang Pavilion

Yu Mingyong saw that Mo Xuemin was weeping quietly. He figured that she must be the noble lady of a man who was at least a third-grade official. Meanwhile, his only backing was his elder sister, a consort who had the favor of the Emperor. It would be best if he did not offend anyone. Right now, there were beautiful women everywhere. It would be unwise to fight with a woman. As such, he would let her off the hook. Since he was not the one who had been injured and had not lost in their verbal spar, he needed to appear to be more gracious.

However, if his opponent were Li Youmo, it would be different!

Li Youmo was his biggest nemesis. One could say that the slightest provocation by Li Youmo would spur Yu Mingyong into action.

Li Youmo was treating the woman differently. He was helping her! This was a threat in Yu Mingyong's mind.. At first, he was going to let the matter go and accept having lost the verbal spar. Now, however, his cleared this out of his mind.

There was something going on between Li Youmo and the woman who had framed him. They tried to charge him with having an affair with someone in the palace.

Even though his elder sister was favored by the Emperor, she would not be able to save him now. Yu Mingyong could not help but grit his teeth bitterly when he thought of that.

He saw how Li Youmo pretended not to care but gave secretive glances at the woman whose face was smeared with blood. There was a hint of concern in Li Youmo's eyes that was well hidden. Who was Yu Mingyong? He was Li Youmo's enemy. They had fought several hundred times. One could say that he knew Li Youmo's better than himself. And he could see that Li Youmo was hiding his concern for that woman.

Yu Mingyong was overjoyed. He had been frustrated about not being able to deal with Li Youmo in the past, but now he had finally found one of Li Youmo's weaknesses. If he attacked the woman today, it would be like attacking Li Youmo. He would be able to get back at him for all those grudges he bore.

Yu Mingyong would not let Mo Xuemin off easily, even if Mo Xuemin wanted to. He had not done anything wrong today, and usually, he would argue even if he was wrong. His eyes gleamed as he plotted. Since Li Youmo cared about this woman, he would ruin her reputation. He wanted to see if Li Youmo would marry a woman whose reputation had been besmirched.

"I want to silence her? Li Youmo, are you mistaken? I had too much to drink and fell asleep. This woman barged in and lay beside me shamelessly. So how is this my fault? She only got up hurriedly when she heard that someone was coming. She got angry when she saw my face clearly and even smashed the vase against her head so that she would bleed all over her face. Why has the story suddenly become me meeting someone in private? It might be this lady mistook me for someone she wanted to meet in private. She did something like this out of desperation!" Yu Mingyong glanced at Mo Xuemin with disdain and then shifted to look at Li Youmo.

Mo Xuemin was frightened when she heard that and her face grew paler.

Unexpectedly, Li Youmo did not get angry. Instead, he suddenly smiled brilliantly as he spread out his fan.

Mo Xuemin began to cry. She trembled and almost fell. Fortunately, the two maids held onto her tightly. "I didn't. I came on the invite of my third sister to rest here together. We were almost here when Third Sister's maid said there was something for Mo Xiu to do, which was why she left. When I entered, I saw Third Sister's dress flash by and then I saw this gentleman. Then, he did not say anything and smashed the vase on the table. I was so frightened that I ran out of the door..."

Yu Mingyong pointed at Mo Xuemin and mocked her mercilessly. "You say you saw your third sister coming, but why didn't I see her? Is this a lie? The only person I saw where I was sleeping was you. So where did this third sister come from? Are you saying that your third sister asked to meet you here just to frame you? Or are you the shameless one who was meeting someone in private here?"