Chapter 186

Chapter 186 Committing Crimes, Sima Lingyun Gets Caught

The daughter from Luo Xia's family. Lan Xinru was no match for that.

And the Old Madam from the General Manor had decided on the matter. She was considered an elder. Mo Huawen could not be considered to have been in a secret relationship.

The Old Madam glanced at the sachet angrily. She did not reach out to take it and said coldly, "This matter has only been mentioned. It is not official. Even though the Old Madam's niece would not be bad, but you have to ask around more about it. This embroidery work is only alright and cannot compare to Xinru's skills. You had better think about it again. Marrying someone who doesn't know anything cannot compare to someone whom you know everything about. Get married while I am still here and consider it as fulfilling one of my wishes."

"Yes, yes. Mother, you are right!" Mo Huawen said respectfully. However, he did not give her a firm answer.

The Old Madam was so angry she was no longer interested in talking to him. She threw Mo Huawen out after they exchanged a few more words.

"Aunt, help me! Aunt, help me!" Mo Huawen had only just left the Old Madam's room when Lan Xinru rushed out crying from behind the screen. She dove into the Old Madam's embrace and cried.

"Xinru, it is not that I won't help you. But you've seen it as well. Huawen has someone else he likes and has already decided long ago." The Old Madam was in a bad mood as well. Even though she was exalted, she could not make a decision about Mo Huawen's marriage. Since Mo Huawen had already said that, it meant that he was agreeable to marry the other girl.

The Old Madam could not object to Mo Huawen marrying Luo Xia back then. Now that she was in a place to object, Mo Huawen had already made up his mind. No matter how many opinions she had, she knew that she was not Mo Huawen's biological mother. Mo Huawen greeting her as his mother respectfully was already a show of his gratitude.

"Aunt, I truly love Cousin and am willing to do anything for him. Please help me." Lan Xinru knelt down when she saw the Old Madam's gaze turning dark. She pulled on the Old Madam's sleeves and cried, "Aunt, I can help out with Xueyan's marriage in the future once I marry Cousin. I can also help Xueyan to pick out a good man. If he marries someone else, she will not help Xueyan."

Her words hit the spot with the Old Madam's dilemma. Mo Xueyan's marriage was something that troubled the Old Madam. She had come to the capital just for this matter. That was why she had pretended not to get Mo Huawen's hints and continued to get Mo Xueyan to go to the entrance to look at the young men who visited.

It was not because the Old Madam did not know the rules. But she could not just let the matter slide.

However, Mo Xueyan had gone to the doors and looked out secretly so many times, but her marriage was still not settled. There were a few young wastrels who saw a beautiful girl looking out secretly from the doors. However, they teased her with sarcastic words. Mo Xueyan did not like them. However, gentlemen would not even look at her when they walked by. The handsome ones would not even be bothered with her. No one came to ask for her hand.

In the end, Mo Huawen even made others guard the door to stop Mo Xueyan from going out. And this matter ended.

However, getting Mo Xueyan married off had not yet succeeded and it was something that troubled the Old Madam. How could she not be stirred when she heard what Lan Xinru said?

The Old Madam thought about what Lin Xinru said. Then, she stood up and said lightly to a servant standing at the side, "It's cold at night these few days. I heard that Huawen has been staying in the study. Go look for the servant who guards the door and tell her to bring me the keys to the study. I will get someone to send him some hot soup at night. The male servants in the outside courtyard do not know how to take care of others."