Chapter 187

Chapter 187 Changping Palace, the Fifth Princess' Jealousy

Compared to the chaos at the Duke Zhenguo's Manor, the Palace was much calmer. What happened in the governor's manor and the Duke Zhenguo's Manor did not affect the heavily guarded Palace in the slightest.

In the morning, the Fifth Princess of Changping Palace clutched her slightly dizzy head and got up with the help of her palace maids. She stretched lazily, and after she was done washing up, the maid in charge, Huanyue, helped her to rub her hair dry with a dry towel.

The weather outside was very good. Soft couches filled with cotton were laid out at the southeastern corner of the garden in the palace. The sunlight there was good. There were two tall, marble screens that were placed on the northern and western side to block out the wind. It was already near noontime. The sun shone warmly from above. The Fifth Princess leaned against the couch and chatted with Huanyue.

They were talking about what happened last night. The Fifth Princess still did not know what happened outside the palace but knew how odd the incident last night was. The incident was fishy. The Fifth Princess was not so sure about the incident. However, she became certain that something odd had happened last night after receiving a letter in the morning.

Furthermore, this certainty made her very angry. The good mood she had woken up with had completely disappeared.

Huanyue was trying to comfort her, "Princess, that incident might be fake. I saw Third Miss Mo yesterday and she is just a young girl. How could the Crown Prince be interested in her? First Miss Ling is usually very straightforward and will not lie."

She was not overly straightforward but was too silly. Everyone knew that You Yuecheng disliked her but she still did not give up and stuck to him. Furthermore, she still addressed herself as You Yuecheng's fiance. Even though the two families had discussed marriage, it was not confirmed. She was a proper young lady but behaved like You Yuecheng's fiance before others. Huanyue could only say that she was straightforward.

"The girl behind Mo Xuemin we saw from a distance is her younger sister? She does not look like much." The Fifth Princess felt much better when she heard what Huanyue said. A little girl could not compete with her. Even if her cousin paid the girl a little more attention, it was because he was a doctor and she was his patient.

"Princess, that's not definite. First Miss Ling said that Third Miss Mo is aware of her beauty and does not think well of her sister's. She always entertains guests in her inner courtyard even at a young age. I heard that the Crown Prince was invited into her room. Princess, think about it. Would a polite young lady do something like that? It's her room!" said Lingyue, who brought in a basketful of fruits that had been washed. She glanced at the letter by the couch and pursed her lips in disdain. She placed the fruits on the small table by the side.

The Fifth Princess' expression grew ugly. "Mo Xuetong allowed Cousin into her room?" Her smile dimmed. She had always treated Bai Yihao as hers.

"That's right. I heard he even stayed by her bed. Princess, this is outrageous. They are not even blood siblings." Lingyue said angrily, feeling angry on behalf of the princess. Everyone around the Fifth Princess knew that she liked Bai Yihao, the Crown Prince. Everyone outside the palace called him Sir Bai because he kept a low profile. But everyone in the palace greeted him respectfully as the Crown Prince.

The Fifth Princess' mood did not improve with Lingyue's words. Her expression grew furious as she sat up suddenly. She frightened Huanyue who was drying her hair behind her. She pulled on the towel and tugged on the Princess' hair. The princess could not help but yelp in pain. Huanyue knelt down immediately and said, "Princess, I did not mean to do that."