Chapter 143

Chapter 143 Sima Lingyun's Other Woman

"Even though your father loves your mother deeply, look at how the situation is right now. This home is not like a home anymore. All the Mo daughters have had their reputations ruined. Min'er, lass, don't wait for Auntie Fang. She is a vicious woman and even if your father agrees, I will not. She has plotted against the main daughter and killed the child in her womb. Your father has been kind not to drown her." The Old Madam's expression darkened when she heard Mo Xuemin's evasion.

She was so direct Mo Xuemin could not accept it. A flash of viciousness passed her eyes and her teeth ground against each other. She bit her lips and lowered her head, hiding the poison in her eyes. She only lifted her head moments later and said softly, "Min'er will listen to Grandmother!"

The situation was not in her favor and she did not have the chance to speak at all right now. Furthermore, her father would be the one to decide whether he was agreeable or not, it did not matter whether she agreed to it beforehand or not! No daughter can decide on behalf of her father whether he could marry someone or not. The Old Madam was going to leave after the new year. What could she do even if her father did not agree!

"Tong'er, what do you think?" The Old Madam's expression cleared when she saw that Mo Xuemin was not going to object again. She gestured for Mo Xuetong to sit beside her and took her hand with a smile. "Tong'er, do you remember Aunt Xinru? She used to play with you when you were younger. She got along well with your mother when she was still alive. Look, this is a gift she asked me to bring you."

The nanny beside her had already brought out an exquisitely carved box and placed it in front of Mo Xuetong. One did not have to open it to know that it was expensive.

"Aunt Xinru is biased. Why didn't she give me anything? Let me see what it is." Mo Xueyan reached out to open the box before Mo Xuetong even touched it.

There was a set of opals and pearls accessories, from hairpins to earrings. And they were all beautiful.

"Grandmother, they are so pretty. I want them too. I have never seen such beautiful accessories!" Mo Xueyan pouted, tugging on the Old Madam's shirt, looking very envious.

"Your Aunt Xinru had spent much effort to pick this out for your younger sister. There is no other like this. Yan'er, be good. I will help you to ask her when I see her again if she still has any more jewels and make you some accessories." The Old Madam patted Mo Xueyan's head with satisfaction. This set of jewelry was so precious, how could there be more? She could not hide her pleased expression as she turned to look at Mo Xuetong.

Lan Xinru? It was her. No wonder the Old Madam was behaving so oddly today. It was because of her!

Mo Xuetong laughed coldly to herself. This world was really busy. There were so many incidents, and they were all people she knew. How could she not know that woman, Lan Xinru! In her past life, the woman had not managed to become her father's woman, but had become Sima Lingyun's mistress. She had Sima Lingyun had already gotten together before Mo Xuetong married him.

When did she find out in her past life? It was after she miscarried for the first time. Someone told her that Lan Xinru was Sima Lingyun's mistress after that. Of course, someone must have intentionally released the news to her. Her status at the Duke's Manor then meant that none of the maids or servants were loyal to her.

She had brought Mo Yu and Mo He with her when she charged there angrily, but then, was shamed by Lan Xinru. The woman had not only pushed her out of the door, but she had also poured several basins of water over her. It was winter then and she had only brought two maids with her. They were all drenched and she fell gravely ill because of that incident.