Chapter 174

Chapter 174 Kidnapped. The Scuffle Outside the Palace

"Be careful then. Come by and tell Grandmother immediately if anything happens. Don't be softhearted again and be bullied." Luo Mingzhu knew that it was against the rules as well. However, she had asked Mo Xuetong to go with her because she was angry and wanted the Mos to see the displeasure the Luos felt. When she saw Mo Xuetong smile in refusal, she knew that Mo Xuetong would not go with her. As such, she did not insist.

The Luo's carriage was already nearby. Mo Xuetong smiled and agreed. She pushed Luo Mingzhu onto the horse carriage even though Luo Mingzhu still had things to say. Luo Wenyou got onto the horse as well. He did not spur the horse immediately. Instead, he looked at Mo Xuetong and said gently, "Come back if anything happens at the Mo Manor. The Luo Manor will forever be your home."

Luo Wenyou did not say much and he spoke calmly as he usually did. He had only sought out Bai Yihao in a fluster the last time Mo Xuetong was ill. Otherwise, he was usually a calm person. Even though he did not say much, Mo Xuetong felt warm all over. What she wanted was a home filled with warmth, without any plots or schemes.

However, in her past life, her home had been ruined and her family had been killed!

Pain filled her heart. She bit her lips and hid the tears that welled up in her eyes. Her lashes fluttered and she looked up at Luo Wenyou with a smile. She said, "Rest assured, Cousin. Tong'er is a coward and will definitely complain to Grandmother if anything happens."

"That's good. Remember to come and wish Grandmother a happy new year the day after tomorrow."

"Alright!" Mo Xuetong curtsied. Another horse carriage drew up at the entrance. The Luo carriage had no choice but to move forward. Most of the crowd had already left and there were not many carriages left behind. Mo Yu stood on her toes and looked around but did not find their carriage. She could not help but worry.

"Oh, I remember now. We took First Miss' horse carriage here. She must have taken it when she left earlier. Won't anyone pick Miss up after First Miss went home?"

Mo Xuetong did take Mo Xuemin's carriage to the palace. But no matter what Mo Xuemin said after she returned to the manor, they would still send a carriage to pick her up. The Emperor and his officials had retired early. Her father would have already known what happened in the palace. How could he not send a carriage for her?

"Miss, quick get in. Old Sir told me to come and pick you up." An inconspicuous horse carriage pulled up in front of Mo Xuetong just as she was thinking about it. Mo Xuetong found the driver somewhat familiar. He seemed to be from their manor. She had not gone out often after moving to the Mo Manor, so she did not recognize everyone working there.

Mo Huawen had given her her own carriage and she only recognized that driver. However, that carriage had been damaged and it probably could not be used in a while. That was why her father had sent such a small carriage to pick her up. The carriage looked ordinary and there wasn't any emblem to signify that it belonged to the Mo Manor. If the driver had not looked familiar, she would not know that it belonged to the Mo Manor either.

"When did we have such a lousy horse carriage in the manor?" Mo Yu muttered to herself unhappily while she helped Mo Xuetong onto the carriage.

"It's just a horse carriage, why do you have so much to say about it? Your tongue is really sharp." Mo Xuetong did not mind because they were right in front of the palace entrance. She took Mo Yu's hand and entered the carriage. The curtains lifted and Mo Yu had not gotten on when a hand emerged from the curtain. The hand caught hold of Mo Xuetong's hand and tugged her into the carriage forcefully. Mo Xuetong lost her balance and fell into the carriage.