Chapter 177

Chapter 177 A Deeper Check and A Mess

If Mo Xuetong had not been rational and knew that she was in her room and that it was late at night, she would have started yelling.

Her voice was full of pain and resentment, as well as indescribable despair. She said, "Why must I be the one to accept it when they try to hurt me again and again? Why can't I fight back just once? Isn't that ridiculous? I thought that I could seek revenge and get payback for the hurt that they caused me. Don't you think I've overestimated myself? You are high above all and you will never understand why people down here like me have such thoughts. Is this reason sufficient?!"

She reached out forcefully wanting to prop herself up. She ignored the pain in her hands. It did not hurt her much. Her heart felt as if it had been torn open and all her old wounds were revealed. It was only after her heart had been torn and tattered and covered in blood did she realize that it was not that she did not hurt. She had hidden the pain deep down inside.

The pain was sufficient to make her forget everything, her rational, and her life. She could abandon anything.

She had returned for revenge. So what if she died? What was the point of living if she could not seek revenge? In her past life, the pain had reminded her at all times of the viciousness of those two people. She could not just watch as they plotted against her and tried to destroy her again and again. She could not just watch as they forced her down the path they wanted, until she ended up in the painful abyss.

If the result were to be the same, then she would rather die now.

At least it would be better than what the future held!

As such, she had done whatever she had without abandon despite trusting Feng Yuran would save her. So what then? Perhaps Feng Yuran would save her and her life would not be endangered. If she still ended up in the Duke's Manor, how different would that be from death? No, she should say that it would be worse than death.

She would rather die than marry into the Duke's Manor. She would rather die than have anything to do with Sima Lingyun.

Her eyes were wide open in the dark as tears slid down soundlessly. She could not control the sobs at her throat. Her young tender face was filled with despair and pain. If so, she would use her life to make sure that she could wash off the shame. As long as she died, her father would investigate, as would her maternal family. He would investigate as well, and they would clear her name.

No matter it was the General Manor or Feng Yuran, they all had many men to order around. It would not be difficult for them to investigate the matter. Sima Lingyun and Mo Xuemin would be caught. She was willing to die if it meant that the two would be destroyed! An eye for an eye. She would smile even if she were in the pits of hell should that happen. She would thank the heavens for a chance to seek revenge.

"Tong'er, Tong'er!" Feng Yuran could sense Mo Xuetong's despair and pain. He could not hold the icy cold expression on his face any longer. His heart hurt for her and he felt as if he could not breathe. His expression softened and he sat at the head of her bed, pulling Mo Xuetong who was struggling to sit up tightly into his embrace.

Mo Xuetong did not struggle this time. She felt as if she had used up all her strength in her screams earlier!

Her tears continued to fall, soaking Feng Yuran's purple robes. She could feel the strong embrace around her wrist. Feng Yuran patted her back softly with one hand, holding her as if he were holding a newborn. She bit her lips but could not stop her tears from falling.

"Tong'er, Tong'er!" His mesmerizing voice rang in her ears. With it, was a strong concern for her she could not ignore.

She stopped thinking. She did not have the strength to. She only felt a warmness she had never once felt fill her chest. She did not think any longer at this moment. Neither did she plot. She allowed her tears to fall. This was the first time since her rebirth that she had allowed herself to do what she wanted. She cried silently until she couldn't feel anything.