Chapter 38: The Plot Behind the Banquet

This was too much. How dare they make a fuss at his study. The anger that Mo Huawen felt toward Auntie Fang erupted. The veins on his forehead twitched and he bellowed, "Drag them away and have them beaten 30 times each. Throw them out of Mo Manor together with their family." This was outrageous. Auntie Fang really thought of herself as the matriarch of the family. How dare she challenge his power!

How did he not see this in the slut? He had thought she was virtuous and even left Tong'er in Cloud City because of her. Mo Huawen felt even worse when he thought about how Tong'er had almost lost her life. When he saw how his daughter looked at him with concern in her tearful eyes, he grew even angrier at Auntie Fang.

"Old... Old Sir!" The servant paused.

Thirty beatings would kill someone. And even if they did not die, they would become disabled. Furthermore, he wanted to throw them and their family out of the manor.

"Go!" Mo Huawen yelled angrily.

"Yes!" The servant was frightened by his sharp and cold tones. He had never seen Mo Huawen so angry before. He did not hesitate longer and turned to run outside!

"Father, don't be angry! The matters of the back courtyard..."Mo Xuetong looked worried as she saw Mo Huawen fuming. She went up and pulled on his sleeves, saying, "Auntie Fang..."

"Don't mention her. Tong'er, you just have to focus on recuperating. I will deal with the other matters." Mo Huawen felt annoyed even just hearing Auntie Fang's name.

"Yes!" Mo Xuetong nodded obediently and changed the topic, "Father, I want to visit grandfather's in a few days. Can you send me there? I want to go with you."

Mo Huawen had been stopped outside the city gates by his brother-in-law when he returned. And ever since then, the relationship between the Mo Manor and the General Manor had become slightly cold. Other than sending gifts during the holidays, he had never visited them since he returned to the capital more than a year ago. When he saw how his daughter was looking at him with her clear and innocent eyes, looking very reliant on him, his heart softened. He did not reject her and nodded subconsciously.

Mo Xuetong looked exhilarated when she saw that. An adorable smile appeared on her lips and she said sweetly, "Thank you, Father! Don't forget it then!"

"I won't forget. Tong'er rest well in your courtyard. You can only go to your grandparents' to learn etiquette when your leg injury has healed. Otherwise, your grandmother would be worried! She would blame me then!" Mo Huawen tousled Mo Xuetong's hair in a good mood. He made a rare joke in the face of his daughter's brilliant smile.

Tong'er was such an easy child to please. He just had to accompany her to her grandparents' and she would smile so happily. Mo Huawen felt extremely guilty when he thought of how he had abandoned such an obedient and gentle child at Cloud City and not ask about her for more than a year. He secretly swore that he would not let the child suffer again in the future.

His eyes grew even more gentle as he looked at Mo Xuetong.

"Yes, Father. Tong'er will definitely listen to you. I will get better and be filial to you. Father, did the steward come to look for you? He's been standing there for a long while. I saw him earlier, but if you didn't agree I wouldn't have told you." Mo Xuetong pointed at the main steward who was standing under the tree. She smiled naughtily.

A weight in Mo Huawen's heart fell away as he looked at her sly and satisfied look. Their daughter was so adorable, how would she do something so vicious? He reached out again to pat her head. Then, he said with a smile, "Tong'er, you're threatening your father!"

"Anyway, since you have agreed, you mustn't go back on your word." Mo Xuetong's eyes shone with happiness.

"Alright, I won't. I will definitely accompany Tong'er to your grandparents'."Mo Huawen was in a good mood, and he felt all his anger leaving him.