Chapter 190

Chapter 190 Mo Xueqiong Creates Trouble in Qingwei Garden

Mo Xueqiong stood at the entrance of Qingwei Garden, glaring at Mo Xuetong. Her face was as cold as steel and her chest rose and fell heavily.

"Mo Xuetong, you're too vicious. What does my business with His Excellency have to do with you? Were you so jealous that you had to ruin my marriage?"

Her two maids, Mo Yan and Mo Jiao, hurried from behind and hugged her tightly.

"Miss, Miss, you must not listen to those slanderous talk. They might not be true," they urged.

"How could it not be true? If not for her, would Father have locked me up in that faraway courtyard? Would Father have kept me from finding out about what happened at Duke Zhenguo's manor? I am his daughter too! How could he treat me like this for her sake?!" Mo Xueqiong looked as if she wanted to lunge at Mo Xuetong and bite her.

"Fourth Sister, come in and say whatever it is you want to. It is the first day of the new year and Father is in a bad mood. Don't make him angry." Mo Xuetong said lightly.

She turned around. Ignoring Mo Xueqiong and entering the room by herself. It was the first day of the new year and if the two sisters were to fight at the door, it would just be another embarrassment to the Mo Manor.

"I shall come in if you want me to. Why should I be afraid of you?" Mo Xueqiong had sobered up then. She saw several people trying to eavesdrop nearby and huffed, then followed Mo Xuetong inside. She had come here in the heat of anger. Now that she'd had a moment to think, she felt a bit less rash.

Now that they were alone, she did not know how to start. Instead, she just glared at Mo Xuetong silently

"Fourth Sister, please sit down. It is the new year and I do not know how I have offended you. I've been sick for the past few days and don't know what's happened outside the manor. I have no idea what happened at Duke Zhenguo's manor to make you so angry." Mo Xuetong sat down and ordered Mo Yu to pour them tea.

"You don't know what happened outside the manor?" Mo Xueqiong was shocked.

"I've been sick for the past two days and Father asked me to rest well. I don't know what happened outside the manor. Did what happen to you have something to do with me?" Since someone was trying to sow discord behind Mo Xueqiong's back, she would watch quietly before making any judgment.

"Mo Xuetong, don't try to deny it. You intentionally spread rumors that Eldest Sister did something with His Excellency. You said that he tried to rape Eldest Sister. How is that possible? Eldest Sister has always had a good relationship with His Excellency. How would something like this happen? How dare you say you don't know anything?" Mo Xueqiong was furious. She did not care what she was saying at all.

"I spread rumors? Fourth Sister, did you see it yourself? Or did you hear someone in my Qingwei Garden say something?" Mo Xuetong answered casually. She raised her eyebrows. "As for what you said, I do know some things about it. My Second Uncle sent someone to tell me to stay far away from Duke Zhenguo's manor. They are now involved in a criminal case and it will probably not end well. Eldest Sister's reputation is besmirched. But could the attempted rape committed by the Marquess be something that I can talk nonsense about?"

"His Excellency Sima was arrested?" Mo Xueqiong was shocked that it was so serious. Her anger disappeared completely. Her legs lost their strength and she sat down.

"Are you speaking the truth?" she asked hurriedly.

"Fourth Sister, would Second Uncle speak nonsense? Since he has warned me, I will also warn you. If you rush over to Father's right now, you will only incur his wrath. You might as well wait quietly. No matter what happens to Duke Zhenguo's manor, Father will not have you suffer." Mo Xuetong said lightly.