Chapter 24: The Weird Repayment Temple

Mo Xuetong brought Mo Lan, Mo Yu and two other maids.

The two second-tier maids were people that Auntie Fang sent. The good looking one was called Shuang Ye while the other one who looked reserved was called Qiu Ling. Mo Xuetong leaned against the carriage walls and closed her eyes to rest because she had not slept much last night. Mo Lan was also dozing off against the window. Only Mo Yu, who was sitting at the side, looked energetic.

The maids who were not sleeping did not speak since their mistress was sleeping.

"Big sister Mo Yu, why is Third miss so tired? Is she feeling poorly?" Shuang Ye, who was sitting by the side saw Mo Xuetong's pale and haggard appearance, and could not help but ask softly.

"Miss has always been weak. She was tired and had a lot to worry about this journey to the Repayment Temple so she did not sleep well." Mo Yu looked up and said lightly. She did not like Shuang Ye at all.

"Oh, Big sister Mo Yu..."Shuang Ye still wanted to say something but Mo Yu waved at her and indicated to her coldly not to speak.

Shuang Ye opened her mouth and then shut it helplessly.

They did not speak the entire way there. Mo Yu helped Mo Xuetong off the carriage when they arrived before the mountain. It was still early and the temple in the mountain was especially quiet. There were not many who had come to pray. There were only a few monks and nuns cleaning up the yard. Because they had notified the temple early, there was a little nun who was about seven or eight waiting at the door. She walked up to them with a smile and welcomed them.

Mo Lan brought Shuang Ye and Qiu Ling to set up the guest room. Mo Xuetong would be here for three days, so she would stay in the room for two nights.

Mo Xuetong brought Mo Yu to the great hall. The sun shone in, casting a red glow on all things. It was already late autumn and the wind was slightly cold. The rustle of the broom sweeping could be heard on the vast grounds. It was peaceful and quiet, as if they were on sacred grounds.

There were monks and early visitors in the great hall. Some of the visitors who had come early chanted scriptures with the monks.

Mo Xuetong found a futon at the corner of the hall and sat down. She closed her eyes and listened to the high monk in front reciting the scripture...

The lesson ended some time later. The visitors left and Mo Xuetong brought Mo Yu with her as they left the hall slowly. They approached the rooms where female visitors stayed in. It was quiet and peaceful. Mo Yu relaxed and accompanied Mo Xuetong in admiring the scenery as they returned. Suddenly a person rushed out at the corner and almost knocked into Mo Xuetong.

Mo Xuetong took two steps back. Mo Yu was already in front of her and yelling, "How dare you."

The person moved quickly and was skilled. He then took a step back and caught himself, "Third Miss Mo?"

Mo Xuetong shuddered and her face paled. Her hands, which were hidden in her sleeves tightened into a fist. She stared at the person who looked up elegantly. The angles on his face were sharp and his dark eyes seemed to smile. He was attractive and made a favorable impression.

This person was no other than Sima Lingyun.

Auntie Fang appeared in her mind. No. Back then, her father had already married her. She was Madam Fang. She had smiled at her benevolently and said, "Tong'er, His Excellency had saved you and you two are considered to have touched intimately. Furthermore, he likes your talent and is willing to marry you. I have asked around, His Excellency hasn't had any bed maids. He is considered a good husband. He is also young and talented. You will be very blissful after marrying him."