Chapter 163

Chapter 163 A Gentle Trap In The Darkness

There was a grand feast in the palace and all the maids had their own business. She couldn't be away for too long, or she might get herself in trouble.

Mo Xuetong's smile was pure and glamorous. It looked like she was chatting with a warm-hearted elder sister. She glanced at the maid. "Why do you think I'm Third Miss Mo? I'm Fourth Miss Mo."

"You're not Third Miss Mo? It's impossible. You and First Miss Mo were the only ones who came to Mo Manor. You sat behind First Miss Mo, so you must be Third Miss Mo. Fourth Miss Mo is not here in the palace." The maid said, realizing too late that she shouldn't have.

"So the one who was sitting behind my first sister must be me!" Mo Xuetong smiled and it was all clear to her. No wonder Mo Xuemin insisted that she should sit closely in front of her today. Previously, some lady wanted to sit close to Mo Xuemin but was refused because she wanted to sit with her sister, and acted as though they had an intimate relationship. In fact, she just wanted to make it convenient for others to identify Mo Xuetong in order to frame her.

The maid realized something was wrong. She looked at the dim lights that surrounded her and felt scared. She just wanted to lead her to the destination, but Third Miss Mo was too smart to follow her without a reasonable cause. "Third Miss Mo , let's hurry..."

Before the maid could finish, she fell down on the path. The lantern flew through the air and was caught by a large hand emerging from the shadows.

"You're too stupid to escape from a trap, even when you know you are in one." In the shadows stood Feng Yuran, holding a dim lantern in his hand. There was anger in his eyes, which showed his dissatisfaction towards her.

Not knowing why, Mo Xuetong's face flushed and she angrily stared at his beautiful eyes and shouted, "It's none of your business!"

They had not seen each other since... that night. Mo Xuetong wouldn't allow herself to admit how much she'd enjoyed it, and couldn't help feeling angry when she thought of Feng Yuran at the moment. He just disturbed her emotions and showed up in front of her like nothing had happened .

She didn't know how his wound was doing; he was so busy recently, he hadn't told her about his health, and she was too shy to ask Mo Ye or Mo Feng about it.

Feng Yuran blinked and smiled widely. Mo Ye had already walked away from them and was acting as lookout. "What's wrong? Are you angry? You shouldn't be mad, because I came to help you."

Seeing his handsome face, Mo Xuetong got even angrier. She turned around and felt very uncomfortable. It was a strange feeling she couldn't describe, and she was just too annoyed to see that face. "I don't need your help."

Mo Ye was astonished. She used to serve Feng Yuran and knew how unbridled he was. She had never seen any girl being so rude to him!

He shouldn't be angry with her mistress! If he really was angry, what could she do to help? She couldn't stop him from doing what he wanted, and she couldn't fight him, either.

While she was hesitating, Feng Yuran looked at Mo Xuteong's firm but slim figure in the wind and felt his heart soften. "Alright, I'll help you. Is that okay?"

Mo Xuetong didn't know why she was so angry. She turned her back on him and said angrily, "I don't need your help. I'll fix my own problem. Please don't show up like this anymore, or I may misunderstand you."

She immediately regretted her words, and her face turned red.

But Feng Yuran just smiled. The beautiful bright eyes on his perfect face seemed to be able to read one's mind. He held Mo Xuetong's hand and ignored her unwillingness. He pulled her behind a tree and whispered in her ear, "Someone is coming!"