Chapter 118

Chapter 118 Another Vicious Plot from Mo Xuemin

Everyone in the Mo Manor was startled early in the morning!

It was said that a huge fuss was made over the matter. There was a thief in the manor last night who had entered Auntie Fang's Lihua Garden and almost hurt Auntie Fang. Then, Old Sir had brought servants and rushed over to the garden and chased the thief away. However, for some reason, Old Sir had been so angry he dealt with a few of the maids and servants who served Auntie Fang. It was said that it was because they had not done a good job.

There were a few people who had guessed that it would not be a major problem for Auntie Fang to become the main wife since Old Sir liked her so much.

However, it did not seem like it now. Old Sir had ruthlessly dealt with the people serving Auntie Fang and sent her some people who did not look like servants. Instead, they looked more like guards. The new people did not look friendly and they were all tough and looked like they were not to be trifled with.

As Auntie Fang's daughter, Mo Xuemin was truly perplexed by the incident at Lihua Garden. On the other hand, she also wanted to pretend to be filial and show how gentle and gracious she was in front of other people. As such, she hurried towards Lihua Garden after receiving the news. She even met Mo Xueqiong on the way there.

Mo Xueqiong had kept a low profile ever since the falling out with Mo Xuemin. Even though the incident with the Duke's manor had come to an end, she felt more and more dissatisfied as time passed. She felt that she would have been a main wife if she had not become Mo Xuemin's scapegoat. She would not have become a concubine.

As such, both her tone and attitude were bad when she met Mo Xuemin and even made a few sarcastic jibes at her.

Mo Xuemin was not in the mood to waste time with the idiot and only exchanged a few distant sentences with her before heading to Lihua Garden. When she arrived at Lihua Garden, she found that it was very much different. The two female servants guarding the door were now very large with wide shoulders and hulking figures. There were even two more nannies down the hallway. Even though Nanny Li, Gui Yue, and Gui Hua were still around, they all looked fearful.

It seemed unbecoming.

When she entered, Auntie Fang was still lying in bed. Her hair was all over the place and her eyes were red and swollen when Gui Yue helped her up. It was evident that she had been crying and had not slept well.

"Auntie, what's wrong? Why are you so worried? You are still pregnant with father's child, so why are you so uncaring?" Mo Xuemin sat by the bed and looked gentle and concerned.

"It is not that I do not care, but your father does not." Auntie Fang's face was pale and she retorted angrily while crying.

She still did not know what happened. Mo Huawen had charged through her door angrily last night and searched the entire place. He had not even let the bed go and in the end, he had even taken the pouch with the seal. Then, he had left without saying a single word. He brought along two second-class maids and a managing nanny with him when he left.

Then, he sent a few thick-waisted female servants over in the middle of the night. It made one feel unsettled no matter how they looked at it.

Especially the two women standing under the eaves. They only said that they were sent there by old sir and had given Nanny Li, Gui Hua, and Gui Yue a dressing down. Auntie Fang was furious and could not sleep well. The more she thought about it, the more aggrieved she felt and the more upset she was. She cried sadly and did not rest well at all.

When she heard Mo Xuemin's question, she answered hoarsely and irritatedly.

"A thief has entered the manor and father barged in only because he was worried. Auntie, why don't you wear more clothes while sleeping? It's late in winter and you're not worried about getting sick." Mo Xuemin had found out from another channel that Auntie Fang was dressed scantily when her father had barged in after the thief. It was very inappropriate. She thought Mo Huawen was angry because of this and did not give it much thought. She only felt that Auntie Fang was being rather frivolous.