Chapter 171

Chapter 171 The Royal Brothers

"Bai Ling, how is Aunt feeling? Father has locked me up and I had to sneak around to visit my Aunt. It is inconvenient to enter the palace and it was difficult for me to enter the palace openly. So I had to take this opportunity to visit her. When have I ever broken my promises to her?" Feng Yuran said to Bai Ling as he walked forward carelessly. He glanced at Mo Xuetong through the corners of his eyes, behaving rather flamboyantly.

"Princess Royal is almost recovered. She was worried that Your Highness might feel bored being locked up and that you would anger the Emperor by misbehaving. She even told the maids to send someone to tell King Xuan to behave last night. But then she thought that it was not actually Your Highness who was misbehaving but that she was worried about you." Bai Ling walked on slightly in front of Feng Yuran's left while lifting her skirts slightly, leading the way.

They reached the doors. Bai Ling smiled and pushed the door open and led them in.

"You rascal, you're always so disobedient. You sell me out whenever you see Little Eight." The light laughter and scolding of a woman could be heard from inside. Even though she was scolding Bai Ling, her tone was gentle and peaceful and she did not seem angry at all.

"Your Highness, you are the one who cares most about King Xuan, and you won't allow me to say so! I will definitely be more obedient next time and won't tell anyone about how Your Highness went to the door to look out of it several times. Your Highness worries about King Xuan so much, but you are worried that he would find out." Bai Ling smiled at the Princess who was seated on the couch.

"You lass, why are you so glib? I only said one sentence and you started to natter on and on. Anyone who dares to marry you would be nagged to death by you." The Princess Royal scolded with a smile. Then, her gaze landed on Mo Xuetong who entered after Feng Yuran.

Her gaze froze and then grew warm again. She looked completely different from how she had that day when she was enraged.

"Your Highness, I will not marry and will serve you in the future." Bai Ling flushed and replied before leaving.

Feng Yuran bowed naturally and then sat down on a large nanmu seat on the side.

Mo Xuetong lowered her head and curtsied to the princess graciously. "Greetings, Your Royal Highness."

"Third Miss Mo, I did not expect that we would meet so soon again. Are you getting used to the palace?" The Princess's lips lifted in a faint smile as she gestured for Mo Xuetong to stand. She seemed gentle and gracious.

"Many thanks for your concern, Your Highness. I am doing well." Mo Xuetong replied gently.

"We met in Cloud City and I received your orchid. If you are free, come and visit me in the palace in the future. People rarely visit and it gets rather quiet." The Princess smiled gently. The smile appeared sincere on her youthful face. "Little Eight brought you here, so you don't have to stand on ceremony. If there is anything that you need help with, you may come to me."

"Many thanks, Your Highness." Mo Xuetong replied politely.

The Princess was completely different from how she appeared the last time. She only mentioned the orchid but not their previous meeting in the palace...

Feng Yuran had grown impatient and he smiled lazily before saying to the Princess, "Aunt, don't ask so many questions. There will be opportunities to do so in the future. I need your help today."

"You've gotten into trouble and are looking at me for help again. When your father scolds you next time, I cannot speak up for you again." The Princess could not resist smiling even as she scolded him when she saw his lazy expression.