Chapter 76: King Xuan Meets His Lover at Night

Mo Xuetong was reading next to the light. It was not a book that she used to like in her past life, books about poetry and music. Those beautiful passages did not allow her to see through the world but had made her dream and love instead. She had given her heart to Sima Lingyun and in the end, she and her child had died in his hands.

She only found out from a physician the General Manor secretly sent after Yun Yiqiu caused her to miscarry that she had been deeply poisoned. It would be difficult for her to get pregnant again. In order to get pregnant, she had tried to recuperate and get rid of the poison. That was when she started to secretly read medical books.

She could not find out anything about the person who had tried to secretly hurt her!

She had even asked Sima Lingyun then. He was first shocked, and then his face had turned pale. He had grabbed her hands and asked if anyone else knew about it. She had thought that Sima Lingyun was concerned for her, which was why he was so shocked after the incident. She had been very touched and told him about the physician. The physician had never come by again. She heard that it was because he had misdiagnosed a patient and was hurt by the patient's family and had run away.

After finally seeing things clearly since her rebirth, she realized that it was a joke!

She was living with a wolf in sheep's clothing. How could she stay alive!

She thought about the child she had birthed after much difficulties and how he had died in Sima Lingyun and Mo Xuemin's hands in the end. Her heart felt as if it had been stabbed by knives and her hands, which were flipping through the book shook slightly. She clenched her hands into a fist and allowed the pain in her palms to pierce her heart, soothing the bitter pain and hurt she felt.

"Isn't the Mo family one of great scholars' family? Why is the main daughter of the Mo family reading such low-class books!" The voice had a trace of a mocking tone in it. Mo Xuetong who was immersed in her pain suddenly looked up and turned around. She saw that a handsome and charming young man was lying on her couch.

It was King Xuan, Feng Yuran!

Feng Yuran's lips curled up. He was in a good mood when he saw how Mo Xuetong turned around in shock, her expression one of surprise and fragileness that had not yet dissipate. He had a charming and lazy smile on his lips that looked like he was mocking her. When he saw her beautiful eyes looking rather unhappy, he lifted his brows and picked up a sweet persimmon beside him and tossed the whole thing in his mouth.

"Are you very touched to see your savior? I usually don't like it when girls see me and look like they want to pounce on me. But since it is you, I'll do my best to accept it!"

"Your Highness, have you not been educated as a child that men and women should keep a distance. Should a gentleman enter a woman's room in the middle of the night?" Mo Xuetong had gotten over her initial shock and was now angry.

"Is this how you should treat your savior? Tong'er, I came especially to bring you a letter. Are you going to treat me like that?" Feng Yuran smiled slightly and took out a box, waving it in front of Mo Xuetong. Then, he kept it again.

Mo Xuetong's pupils shrank. That was the medicine Mo Xuemin had gifted her!

"Mo Feng gave it to you?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

"He didn't give it to me. Mo Feng asked a few places, but they all said there was nothing wrong. However, he trusted that you wouldn't get him to check it out for no reason, so he came to look for me. Do you want to know the results?" Feng Yuran asked, raising his brows. He was very handsome, and when he did that, his eyes were stunning and extremely charming.