Chapter 5: Flying Thieves in Ziteng Garden

They could all see that Mo Xuetong was in a bad mood. They did not say anything else and all went out.

The room quietened down. Tears rolled down her cheeks silently and she bit her lips tightly, pressing down on the sadness that surged up. What had she missed in her past life? She had never suspected the cause of her mother's death and only found out about it before her death that her mother's death had been caused by Auntie Fang. Mo Xuemin's vicious smile that day seemed to appear right before her!

This life, she had to investigate her mother's death and seek revenge for her mother...

Mo Xuemin had not divulged many details when she had given Mo Xuetong poisoned wine. She had only said that Auntie Fang had caused her mother's death. She would get her revenge in this life and make sure that the evil acts committed by the mother and daughter pair would be revealed to others.

Her mother had, in a letter left to Mo Xuetong before her death, said that she had left a jade bangle in her father's study. Her mother told her to get it and keep it in remembrance of her. Mo Xuetong felt that this was very important. She had neglected too many things in her past life and she had not even been able to find out the reason behind her mother's death...

Mo Huawen's study had a secret compartment. Mo Xuetong knew about this long ago. Her mother had told her about it a few days before she passed away.

Mo Xuetong did not stay in Ziteng Garden for too long. Nanny Ming sent someone to send lunch to her, but she did not have much of an appetite. She only ate a little before going to Mo Huawen's study.

She opened the secret compartment. There was indeed a clear jade bangle the color of water inside. The clarity of the jade showed that it was an extremely precious item. She went to Auntie Fang's room after leaving her father's study. She had many things in her sleeves when she emerged!

She was going to the capital to seek revenge this time. Revenge for her mother, herself, and her child. How could she not be more prepared when she was seeking revenge for the spilled blood of so many people!

Even though she felt weak, she was energetic. She even ate half a bowl of rice at dinner. This made Mother Xu extremely pleased and even said that it was great that miss was back in her own home for she could be happy and eat more.

After dinner, Mo Xuetong returned to her mother's courtyard. She got Mo Yu to wait at the courtyard entrance and entered alone.

The courtyard was very quiet. Fallen leaves littered the ground and the autumn breeze was cold. There was only the sound of wind blowing on the screens. An indescribable sadness caused her eyes to fill. She bit her lips and walked toward the room door slowly.

However, an enormous force dragged her to the side just as she entered the room. A large hand wrapped around her throat and a sinister voice sounded beside her ear. "Shut up."

The person dragged Mo Xuetong behind the screen where there was a narrow space behind the large bed. It was a good spot to hide. Mo Xuetong's body was weak and she could not struggle out of the person's grasp. She was easily pulled into the space. Her throat felt as if she was going to suffocate. Her back was pressed against a broad and hard chest and she could barely breathe.

The hand that was held against her neck relaxed slightly. Perhaps the person sensed that she was having trouble breathing.

"Loosen your hold... what do you want... get... it yourself!" Mo Xuetong stood there obediently and spoke in a whisper.

The person indeed loosed his hold after hearing that. She took a deep breath of fresh air. Just as she was about to speak a large hand pressed against her mouth. "Shut up if you wish to live!"