Chapter 91: King Xuan Plots as He Watches the Fire Burn

"Your Highness, you were right. The assistant at the Mayor's manor is indeed King Yan's man. He's been trying very hard to make your business public. The rumors the Emperor heard were also sent to him by King Yan. Of course, King Yan played a huge part in this. Some of the Emperor's guards are King Yan's people. Of which, the assistant director of the guards has only been in his position for a year. While it doesn't look like he has anything to do with King Yan on the surface, we found out after a thorough check that his mother is King Yan's nursemaid's sister." Steward Wang reported the information he found out respectfully.

"The assistant director of the Emperor's guards is a good position. It is a fifth-grade position and he is allowed weapons..."The lazy voice seemed to be laughing. His voice trailed off and he suddenly ordered loudly, "Let Qin Ming do well. If there's a chance, help him get rewarded for his military works and let him join the Emperor's guards and check out the assistant director carefully. Report everything no matter how insignificant they are. You just pick out the important details for me."

"Yes, I will definitely pick carefully. Your Highness, the officials around His Majesty have been moved around a lot recently. The Xie and Yu family who have always been settled far out have all been moved here. It was said that the Yu family even sent a beauty to the law minister who dotes on her a lot. He is also very close to the Yu family. There's nothing odd about the Xie family though. They only interacted with a few families they are close with after coming to the capital, unlike the Yu family who visits everyone." Steward Wang reported.

"You don't have to bother with this matter. Find out who the beauty is related to!" He nodded lazily, drawing on the surface of the table and spoke meaningfully.

"Yes!" Steward Wang understood and answered before leaving.

Shen Kun who was behind him approached. He bowed and said, "Your Highness, just like what you expected, the position of imperial censor to the left cities might go to Qin Zheng. The Emperor issued an edict to reward him for being just and upright. He even gave him a calligraphy piece with "Just" on it. I think the Ling family that the Empress supports is out of the game now. They submitted a report, but the Emperor laughed coldly and threw it to the side after reading it, but he did not say anything about it."

"The Empress has too long of a reach. Father would naturally be unhappy about it. The Ling family is one of the major four families that had helped in nation building and is also the Empress' family. Does he want to prove the rumors in court right? It is rare for the Empress to remember to console me after the matter. She even sent gifts to console me. Give her a hefty present tomorrow and tell her that I cannot return because I have been confined in my own manor. When His Majesty releases me, I will go personally to the palace to thank her."

Feng Yuran nodded. Moonlight shone through the window and upon his handsome face. His face looked as if it was glowing, especially his dark and glittering eyes. They shone, dark and deep with an arrogant and charming aura. His smile was like that of an arrogant victor.

After discussing the matter, Feng Yuran waved his hand and got them to leave. He suddenly spoke just as they were leaving, "Wang Fu, bring my Jinwei Pavilion here."

"Your Highness..." Steward Wang paused for a second and he stopped in his steps. He turned around in confusion. How was he going to move a building!

"Tell them that I can't sleep well at night and want to sleep in a tall building." Feng Yuran waved his hand and stopped Steward Wang from speaking. He suddenly raised his voice and said, "This place is good. I like it here. Renovate the lower level and build a platform outside. I won't have to leave this place when I want to watch people sing and dance in the future. Father won't always scold me for being useless then."