Chapter 34: Helping Father Plan His Legacy

"We all saw that something was wrong when Third Miss knelt there. But Third Miss would not allow us to tell Old Sir. She said that she could bear with it and she did not want to make you sad...We wanted to tell Auntie but we saw that First Miss who was standing there looked fine and thought that it was uncomfortable for Third Miss because her skin was bad. We did not think that someone was so vicious to want to harm Miss." Mo Lan knelt on the ground and spoke. She kowtowed as she spoke and tears ran down her face. The tray she raised above her head shone coldly and some of them even had traces of blood on them. It was shocking.

"Old Sir, this has nothing to do with Auntie. Auntie is in charge of the concubines and does everything she can. Auntie does not know anything about the needles on Third Miss's clothing. Auntie had gotten this clothing made for First Miss earlier, but Third Miss had come back so suddenly so she gave it to Third Miss. The needles were sewn into the clothes. Auntie would not try to harm First Miss." Nanny Li who was standing behind Auntie Fang saw the situation going pear shaped and she quickly knelt down behind Auntie Fang to explain.

"Old Sir, there are needles in Third Miss's clothing. Why don't we see if there are needles in First Miss's clothing? She has been standing there for some time and her clothes..."Mo Lan continued kneeling and pointed at the area under the tree while crying. She had noticed Mo Xuemin hiding in the shadows as she helped Mo Xuetong out after Mo Xuetong pointed her out.

Nothing had happened to her even though she had stood there for so long.

Furthermore, why was she dressed so neatly and standing by the side so early? Could it be that she knew something was going to happen to Tong'er so that she would not be able to welcome the guests as the main daughter?

Mo Huawen understood everything and was even more furious. Veins erupted on his forehead and they twitched wildly. He took a cup of tea by his side and splashed it on Auntie Fang's face. His voice was cold and sinister as he gritted his teeth, "Servants, take this slut away. What is a concubine doing here!"

They were holding their family rites. They must not air their dirty laundry in public.

Auntie Fang had been frighted by the sudden situation. She trembled. It was as if she had been soaked in ice water. She found it difficult to even speak.

"Old Sir..." Nanny Li made to speak.

"Shut up. Don't think I don't know what you all are planning. Tong'er is my daughter. Don't try to touch her with your filthy thoughts. Go back to your yard and stay there for a month. If anything happens to Tong'er, you'll be the first I blame." Mo Huawen was furious and his eyes were filled with blood. He could feel his anger rising and he could not control himself. His face was red with rage and he kicked Nanny Li.

Nanny Li hit the pillar on the side. She held her head as she bled but did not dare to moan in pain. She glared at Auntie Fang furiously.

Auntie Fang was not in the mood to care about the old woman. She could not even save herself. She looked at Mo Huawen's green veins and his flushed face and did not dare to speak. Her body felt weak and she allowed to maids to take her away.

No one noticed Mo Xuemin glared at Mo Xuetong who was changing after she got changed and then leaving secretly.

The family rites were still ongoing and the Mo Manor must not embarrass themselves. They had to continue. They had invited so many distinguished guests not to embarrass themselves in front of them.

Mo Xuetong put on the clothes that Mo Xuemin just took off. Even though it was slightly bigger, it was good for her current condition. Otherwise, it would hurt if the cloth rubbed on the needle wounds. She knelt in front of the door again.