Chapter 21: The Sisters Fight and were Punished

Mother Xu immediately steeled herself as she spread the news to Mo Xueqiong's courtyard. Fourth Miss had always been interested in the duke's son, and it was no secret in the manor. Since Eldest Miss wanted to ruin her mistress' reputation, then it was right that they drag Mo Xuetong into trouble as well since she had always been mean to Mo Xuetong. Mother Xu would not forget how Fourth Miss and First Miss had joined hands to make her mistress unhappy.

"Mother Xu, come find me after a while." Mo Xuetong smiled at Mother Xu.

Mother Xu smiled when she heard that. Indeed, with Fourth Miss around, her mistress would come out clean. The gracious First Miss was about to get into trouble.

Mo Xuetong brought her servants to Mo Huawen's study. The study was two doors away and was not far. The servant outside saw her approaching and had already informed Mo Huawen. She was immediately welcomed into the study when she reached the doors.

"Tong'er, don't need to be so polite. Come and sit. How's your grandmother?" Mo Huawen put down the documents in his hands and asked with a smile.

"Grandmother is well. She was feeling a little poorly a while ago, so cousin invited Sir Bai to come and take a look at her." Mo Xuetong greeted her father and then got up to sit at the side.

"Sir Bai? Sir Bai Yihao?" Mo Huawen took a sip of tea and then smiled, asking with interest.

"Yes. I heard that this Sir Bai is the Crown Prince of Yan Kingdom. Father, then why did he come to Qin? I heard that the Yan Kingdom is a strong nation and is not any weaker than Qin!" Mo Xuetong looked up with her clear eyes. She saw the love in Mo Huawen's eyes and blinked naughtily.

Unlike her previous life, she could feel her father's love for her more and more!

"The Yan Kingdom and Qin are both strong and the royal familes are related. So he's not truly a hostage. If we really were to discuss it, the Emperor hopes that he would be the future ruler of Yan Kingdom. Of course, he could not really lock him up. The hostages of both countries are just in name." Mo Huawen was delighted when he saw how adorable his daughter was. He talked about politics with Mo Xuetong that he rarely talked about with his daughters.

"Hostages? Father, did the Qin also send a prince to the Yan Kingdom?" Mo Xuetong's smile grew sweeter.

"The Qin Kingdom had not sent a prince, but sent the King of Ning Feng Yuzhen." Mo Huawen saw the puzzled look in Mo Xuetong's eyes. He knew that his daughter had been living far away and did not know who the King of Ning was. So he explained, "The King of Ning is the Emperor's oldest brother's son. He is the true grandson of the Empress Dowager. He is of noble status and is the nephew of the Yan's Empress. So he is the most suitable to be hostage."

The King of Ning might be of noble status, but isn't the son of Emperor Zongwen more noble? Mo Xuetong would naturally not ask this. In her past life, the King of Ning, Wang Fengyu had died in the Yan Kingdom and never had a chance to return. It was also unlike what her father said. Being the nephew of the Yan's Empress did not guarantee his safety.

"All these things are so complicated. Tong'er doesn't understand. Father, don't talk about such things that your daughter doesn't understand. "Mo Xuetong said cutely. She reached out and took the box that Mo He was holding. She opened it and put it in front of Mo Huawen and said "Father, cousin told me to give you this inkstone. I wanted to give you this and I came here straightaway upon returning. Father won't blame Tong'er for such behavior, would you?"

Mo Huawen loved to collect ancient inkstones, so Luo Wenyou had given him the right gift. The relationship between the Mos and the Luos had never been good. Since Mo Xuetong had returned, the Old Madam naturally wanted to better the relationship. Luo Wenyou had given the inkstone to her after she got on the carriage to give to her father as a show of goodwill.