Chapter 82: Mo Xuemin's Backup Plan

He was the honorable and noble eighth prince, King Xuan!

Mo Xuetong scolded him in her heart but could not scold him out loud. She glared at Feng Yuran angrily and in an aggrieved manner, reigning in her temper as she gritted her teeth.

"Oh, that's more like it." Feng Yuran was satisfied, especially when he saw the aggrievedness in her eyes. Laughter flashed through his eyes and he picked up his teacup and took a sip. He said, "I will reward you today and allow you to admire the blossoms from here. Remember that you owe me yet another one."

"Yes!" Mo Xuetong was speechless and the veins on her forehead twitched. She forced herself to turn away and looked at Feng Yuran's handsome face. She was afraid that she could not control herself and would slap him.

She turned around angrily to look at the forest. She did not want to see his handsome but irritating face.

However, she did not expect that a closer look would be so different.

It was one feeling to admire the plum blossoms from among them, but admiring them from where she was now was yet another experience.

This was indeed the best spot to admire plum blossoms. She looked across below at the flowers on the branches. There were flowers on the verge of blossoming and flowers in full blossom. There were flowers hidden in the middle of the branches. There were traces of snow on each branch. It did not look sad, but made it feel as if the blossom had grown out of the snow.

There were people who appeared in the forest from time to time in groups of three to five or four to six. They stood in the forest leisurely. Their elegant and colorful clothing dotting the plum blossom forest, making it seem even more lively. This was something that could not be observed from inside the forest.

One did not know how the plum blossom forest truly looked like when they were inside it!

The proud plum blossom forest seemed even more beautiful, like a girl clothed in white. She should have flown into the heavens, but had entered the mortal realm, stopping in a patch of snow that was as clean as her. She was as beautiful as a flower, second to none.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Feng Yuran said lightly from behind her. Mo Xuetong felt that he sounded sad for some reason.

"It is very beautiful." She no longer fought with him. She had calmed down looking at the beautiful scenery. She felt that only the plum blossom forest existed in the world.

"So what if it is beautiful? The most beautiful King Jin manor no longer exists, but this plum blossom forest still remained. It is just like human beings. What is the point of missing the past if a person is no longer around?" His tone was filled with sarcasm and his aura turned cold and gloomy.

"You are wrong, Your Highness. Even if a person is no longer around, as long as you think of him, then it would be as if that person was rebirthed in your heart. If that person in heaven knows, he would be happy as well. Just like this plum blossom forest. It is said that King Jin's wife loved this forest the most. Even though she is no longer around, every time someone mentions this forest, they would think of that stunning beauty walking through the flowers. Is this not another form of eternal life?" Mo Xuetong turned around and looked quietly at Feng Yuran, who had turned cold and dark.

"It is better not to have this kind of eternal life..." Feng Yuran laid back onto the couch. Mo Xuetong could not see his expression from where she was standing. She could only see his flawless side profile. However, Mo Xuetong could sense that he was sad and lonely.

What did he mean? Was he talking about his mother? She heard that his mother was the woman Emperor Zongwen doted on the most, just like how he was the son Emperor Zongwen doted on the most now. Was there still anything he was dissatisfied with?