Chapter 22: Auntie Plots Again

Mo Xueqiong saw that there was no way to hide the issue. She blurted out the truth while crying.

Mo Xueqiong had seen Mo Xuemin making tea for Sima Lingyun when she went to Mo Xuetong's courtyard. The two seemed to be behaving intimately, so Mo Xuetong immediately felt jealous.

She went up and questioned Mo Xuemin without knowing anything about the situation and even pushed Mo Xuemin. Then, the two had fallen to the ground and...

Mo Huawen was so angry he was spewing smoke. He had always known how unruly his fourth daughter was. However, he had not expected his eldest daughter to behave like this as well. She had brought a man into her younger sister's courtyard and even behaved intimately with the man. Did she still want her reputation?

"Go. Go back to your courtyards. Copy the Classics for Women 30 times. You're not allowed to leave your courtyards unless you finish copying. Your maids will each be beaten 10 times. You can't even look after your mistresses well. What use do you have?" Mo Huawen gritted his teeth and said angrily.

The maids and servants following Mo Xueqiong and Mo Xuemin were all so frightened they knelt down.

"Father, can you spare them? They had nothing to do with this matter." Mo Xuemin kowtowed. Her tone was full of pity, and even Mo Xueqiong's servants looked at her gratefully.

Mo Xuemin really did not let go of a single chance to make herself look gracious!

"Father, please do as eldest sister ask and let them off. Eldest sister has always been kind and cannot bear to see others get hurt." Mo Xuetong to tug on Mo Huawen's sleeves and said so softly.

She sounded as if she was defending Mo Xuemin.

Except, it just made Mo Huawen even angrier!

She had always been kind and knowledgable of etiquette. But it did not seem so today! Mo Huawen glared at her angrily and said, "Ten more strikes to everyone!"

Everyone looked at Mo Xuemin angrily.

Mo Xuetong, that wench, was stirring up trouble!

Mo Xuemin knelt and fisted her hands. Her long fingernails dug into her palms and a vicious look flashed through her eyes. However, a docile smile appeared on her face and she said, "Yes, Father. Min'er was wrong this time. Please forgive me. I will immediately wash my clothes and light incense and copy the Classics of Women 50 times. I won't make the same mistake again."

Mo Huawen was slightly more appeased when he saw her good attitude, the regret in her eyes and how she accepted the punishment gracefully. However, his eyes darkened when he thought of how he suspected her of ruining her sister's reputation. He waved his hand impatiently for her to go away.

Mo Xueqiong still wanted to say something. However, Mo Yan held her back, and she stomped her feet reluctantly before leaving.

Once everyone had left, Mo Huawen comforted Mo Xuetong and left Qingwei Garden as well.

Once the courtyard had been cleaned up, Mo Lan made Mo Xuetong another cup of tea. She told Mo Xuetong what happened in detail. Mother Xu passed by Mo Xueqiong's courtyard when she was running hastily to the study. Mo Yan came out to ask her why she was hurrying.

Mother Xu said that Eldest Miss was with His Excellency in Third Miss's courtyard and that the two had been waiting for more than four hours.

Mo Xueqiong had always been interested in Sima Lingyun. Mo Xuemin had once promised her privately that there was nothing going on between her and Sima Lingyun. However, the two were in the inner courtyard together for almost four hours. Mo Xueqiong could not bear it and immediately barged into Qingwei Garden angrily and then, whatever happened after that happened.