Chapter 127

Chapter 127 Cheer Up, Traveling in the Snowy Night (Part 1)

Mo Xuetong blinked. She did not know where she was for a moment and was dazed.

Feng Yuran smiled brilliantly when he saw her dazed look. He reached out and said, "Don't you recognize me? It is the night before New Year's Eve tonight. How can you sleep so early? I am bored. Get up and keep me company."

He stretched out his hands roughishly in front of her. He could see the shiny traces of tears in the corners of her eyes and he felt a stab of pain in his heart for some reason. That felt extremely uncomfortable!

Mo Xuetong had not yet gathered her wits and she released her clenched fists subconsciously. She reached out, revealing her snow-white skin which shone under the snowy moonlight outside. Her skin was so bright she looked as if she was glowing. Feng Yuran's eyes landed on her hands and his heart clenched. He had wanted to pull her hands forcefully. But his hands relaxed and fell gently.

He held her hands. They were so soft as if there were no bones in them. Yet, there were cold and sweaty! Her hands were sweaty on such a cold day. He thought back to how he had seen her lying down quietly earlier while biting her lips, looking as if she was in pain. It was evident that the cold sweat was because she had a nightmare earlier. The incident that happened in the Mo Manor in the day had already been reported to him. He could not help but furrow his handsome brows and the roguish smile on his lips froze.

His face, which was hidden from the light was no longer wilful and lazy. Instead, it was cold and blood-thirsty, like a hunting leopard!

"Are you going to pull me up or not?" Mo Xuetong had regained her wits then. She looked at Feng Yuran with clear eyes that shone in the moonlight like pools of water. Even though she felt that it was rather inappropriate for him to pull her but, but she thought of how he had never been the appropriate sort anyway. Furthermore, she was very tired today and did not want to be a person who followed the rules. She felt that the rules of the world were like heavy chains placed upon her. They were so heavy that she could not breathe.

So, what if she just released all inhibitions for once! She did not have to care too much tonight. The dark clouds in her heart were so heavy that she could not breathe...

He looked at how Mo Xuetong did not look at him like she usually did, glaring at him warily, covering herself with spikes. She was not pretending to be gentle and obedient as she usually did outside. The moon shone on her beautiful face. The light silvery-white light shone on her innocent and young jade-like face that seemed to belong to a fairy. She looked at him intently with her clear eyes that were hidden under her long lashes. Yet today, there was an additional hint of exhaustion and loneliness in her eyes.

A girl like her who belonged to such a family had to be vigilant against others at all times. She must be tired!

She was not bickering with him as usual. He felt as if something had collided viciously with his heart. It hurt. It was soft and felt a little sweet. The thought of teasing her little had long dissipated, leaving behind tenderness and calmness. Holding her slender hands under the moon as they sat down quietly could make his heart calm down.

"Why aren't you pulling me up?" Mo Xuetong felt weak all over. She really did not want to get up herself. She tugged on the hand that was holding hers tightly, not understanding what was wrong with him today. No matter what, she did not have the energy to deal with the handsome King Xuan today. She was just going to let him do what he wanted and she would wallow in self-pity.

Feng Yuran turned his face away somewhat flusteredly. He pulled her up and felt that his face was burning slightly. He did not know why, but he felt that the moon tonight was especially charming. The snowy scene outside today was especially beautiful today as well. Even the darkness in the room was filled with warmth...