Chapter 98: Ten Miles of Lotus Flowers, an Incredible Scene

"These lotus flowers look so real. There must be at least a hundred of them when I saw them from afar. They are so beautiful. No wonder Eighth Brother would rather stay in his manor than to go out. This is such a beautiful scene. Even I don't want to leave." The Fifth Princess who was used to seeing extravagance could not help but mutter to herself. She was stunned by the "Ten miles of lotus flowers" before her eyes that were blooming in the snowy winter.

Unlike the blistering summer, it was naturally impossible for there to be such beautiful lotus flowers in the middle of winter. The patch of flowers in front of them were definitely man-made. From the side, they looked and smelt like real lotus flowers. It made one feel as if they were looking at a scene straight out of summer. Furthermore, the buildings by their side were very tall and there were large maple trees by the lake which blocked the wind.

The tall walls blocked the northeastern winds, and the maple trees blocked the rest of the wind. When the wind blew across the surface of the lake, it felt like the gentle summer breeze. This was such an interesting idea. Such technique, such wealth... Feng Yuxuan could only think to himself that it was such a pity. His eighth brother was definitely a worthy competitor if he used such thoughts, technique and wealth against him.

However, he also heaved a sigh of relief because of this. Despite this, he kept an envious expression on his face. It was fortunate, fortunate that Feng Yuran was just a playboy and he did not have to spend much effort on him. Feng Yuxuan glanced at the Fifth Princess who was still stunned by the scene and the smile on his lips grew even more gentle.

"Fifth Sister, if you like this, get Eighth Brother to build you a "Ten Miles of Lotus Flowers" in your palace. You will be able to enjoy summer in all four seasons. It will be so relaxing." Feng Yuxuan laughed gently after his shocked gasp. Then, he walked along the lakeside towards the water pavilion.

"Eldest Brother, you are such a joker. If I did something like this in the palace, Father and Mother would not go easy on me. How much money do you have to spend on something like this!" The Fifth Princess shrunk back. One did not know if it was because she was cold or she found Feng Yuxuan's words lame. She pouted and then followed behind Feng Yuxuan, looking rather pitiful. Feng Yuxuan laughed as he watched her.

The two of them did not continue on this topic. This was something only Feng Yuran could do. They could not do something like this.

It seems that their father intended to continue allowing their Eighth Brother to be a leisurely King who did nothing. He could just live his life without worries or fuss. Otherwise, how could he watch as Feng Yuran spent his fortune and only got the two of them to come and supervise him. Their father had not rebuked him either.

The Fifth Princess looked at the "Ten miles" of lotus flowers and suddenly felt that being a leisurely king with no responsibilities was rather good as well. She could not help but sigh despondently. She really did not like being a girl.

It was not that she wanted to be a prince and fight for the throne. But when she thought that if she were a boy, and if she were the son of the Empress, she would be able to be a leisurely king with no responsibilities either if she did not wish to fight for the throne. She would just have to eat, drink and play. As long as she was no trouble to the other princes, no one would care about an unimportant king with no responsibility no matter who became the Emperor in the future. Everyone would be able to accept it, unlike herself right now. Her mother was hurrying her to get married all the time and she did not like any of the men that her mother picked.

She could not help but sigh deeply when she thought about what bothered her. She felt that the colors of the lotus flowers were too bright and were rather irritating. She turned her head and did not look at them again, following Feng Yuxuan towards the waterside pavilion.