Chapter 156

Chapter 156 You Yuecheng Threatens Mo Xuetong but is Shamed Instead

You Yuecheng grew white with rage when he heard what Mo Xuetong said. He shook out his sleeves angrily in disdain and then raged, "You are indeed from the countryside of Cloud City. You don't know any etiquette and are ill-bred."

Mo Xuetong hated it when people spoke badly of her mother. You Yuecheng was implying that she did not have a mother to teach her. She looked at him from the corners of her eyes and turned around elegantly. She took two steps away to the side and stood at the railings. A gentle smile appeared on her face as she turned around to say mockingly,

"Marquess You, you think that Eldest Sister is the most well-bred, and you admire a woman like her, then why don't you marry her? You'd save her from her current situation. As long as you save her, her well-bred Auntie will definitely thank you. Then, you would get the opportunity to find out where Eldest Sister's breeding came from. Oh, I've made a mistake. If you really marry Eldest Sister, you and Auntie Fang won't be considered outsiders. You will be able to learn from each other then."

Even though the status of a concubine was slightly higher than a bed maid, but in the truly powerful and noble families, they were but just playthings. Who would think that a concubine would be a well-bred person? Mo Xuetong even wanted You Yuecheng and a concubine to learn from each other. That was as good as a slap to You Yuecheng's face and his face immediately flushed red with anger.

You Yuecheng had never been so shamed by a woman before and he was furious. He gritted his teeth and turned around, glaring at Mo Xuetong. He took two steps forward and approached her, almost pressing Mo Xuetong into the railings. "Mo Xuetong, don't think I can't do anything to you. So what if you have a sharp tongue? Crushing you would be as simple as crushing an ant to me."

His expression was like steel, and his lips trembled in anger. If not for his great self-restraint, he would have strangled Mo Xuetong. He was the Marquess of Mingguo, and had never been shamed like this by anyone.

"But, don't you like my eldest sister? Otherwise, why would you two meet secretly at night?" Mo Xuetong seemed as if she did not feel the approaching danger as she looked at him with wide eyes filled with confusion. Even though she took two steps to the side to avoid him hanging over her, she had not held back with her words. There were some people who just had ill intentions towards you, and if you avoid them, it would only make them feel even more powerful. They would really think that others were afraid of them.

You Yuecheng wanted to pretend? Then she would strip him of his false pretenses. She did not believe that he would dare to hit her in front of so many people. Duke Mingguo might be powerful, but they were in the palace. The power of a marquess was still different from that of the imperial family. The Emperor might even want to see the marquess embarrass himself in the palace.

Meeting Mo Xuemin in private? You Yuecheng was shocked and his eyes, which were red with rage, immediately cleared up. No one else knew of his private meeting with Mo Xuemin. Even Li Youmo would not expect that the person he was meeting in the shop was Mo Xuemin. A clear, murderous intent appeared in You Yuecheng's eyes.

If others found out about it, his reputation would be ruined!

He lowered his voice and spoke coldly and viciously, "Do you really want to die?"

"Marquess You, you don't have to be afraid of me. Eldest Sister was the one who told us about it. There are no secrets amongst us sisters, and you don't have to push me into the water to kill me just to shut me up. We are still a certain distance away from the waters and even if you push me in, Cousin Xuan can save me. Unless you want to embarrass the Mingguo Manor and drag me into the water yourself personally, nothing will happen to me. At most, I will fall into the river." Mo Xuetong's expression was calm. There was even a hint of playfulness on her beautiful face as she turned to look at You Yuecheng calmly.