Chapter 131

Chapter 131 Each with Their Own Ideas and the Accidental Discovery

Ling Fengyan had already decided to tell her aunt, who was the Empress, that she did not need to put in so much effort with the Eighth Prince, King Xuan, who was a ludicrous playboy. She secretly glanced at Feng Yuxuan out of the corner of her eyes. This man was inscrutable and was the opponent that the Third Prince should pay most attention to. Furthermore, he was also the man that her aunt had told her to draw to their side.

Out of the few of them, Feng Yuxuan was still filled with suspicion. He wanted to say a few more words to Mo Xuetong but Feng Yuran kept blocking him. Ling Fengyan looked down on Mo Xuetong's status, and as such, her eyes were cold even though she wore a smile on her face. She did not look willing to speak with Mo Xuetong. Mo Xuetong did not say anything else other than occasionally pretending to be cute towards Feng Yuran, turning her voice into one of gentle seductiveness when she did that.

The four of them walked on the street and in the end, only Feng Yuran and Feng Yuxuan spoke a few words with each other. Fortunately, they spent most of their time solving riddles and had part ways in order to hasten their speed. Each team would guess the riddles down one street. In the end, Feng Yuran and Mo Xuetong lost.

"Eldest Brother, it seems that Second Miss Ling is indeed the most beautiful woman in the capital. Look, even heaven is helping her! Fortunately, I agree with that too. However, in my heart, the most beautiful woman in the capital is still my sweetheart!" Feng Yuran's expression was one of regret as he held Mo Xuetong's hand, drawing circles lightly on her palm. However, he spoke seriously, a complete contradiction to his actions and his solemn expression. His handsome devilish face coupled with his ostentatious purple robes and the large blooming flowers on the robes made it hard for others not to notice him.

Ling Fengyan could not help but turn to look at Feng Yuran with a beautiful smile on her lips that even she did not notice.

Mo Xuetong was not paying attention to all this. She suddenly saw a beautiful and elegant woman wearing a pink satin skirt at the corner of the street in front.

Mo Xuemin. How could it be her?

Mo Xuetong was startled. She turned hurriedly, wanting to see more clearly. A crowd surged forward, blocking her line of sight. By the time the crowd passed, she could not see anyone anymore. Could she have seen wrongly? Mo Xuemin should be in Fuqing Garden right now. After what happened at home, both Auntie Fang and her were in trouble. How dare she sneak out of the manor? Mo Xuetong would not think that she was so free and was in the mood to come and look at the fireworks.

She could not understand and her brows gathered slightly.

"Eighth Brother, shall we go to Fragrance House together? It would be nice to watch the fireworks from there. We already booked a room and we can go together." Feng Yuxuan invited them politely.

Even though the fireworks on the day before New Year's Eve could not be compared to those at midnight on New Year's Day, it was still bustling. What was most important on New Year's Eve was that the family could gather and eat reunion dinner. There were not many people on the streets at night. It was bustling tonight and they could stroll along the streets while admiring the fireworks. Many noble and wealthy families liked to eat out. They would pick a good spot and admire the fireworks while eating dinner in a booth with beautiful scenery.

"Eldest Brother, what a coincidence. We booked a booth at Fragrance House too. Let's go together. I can chat with you while the two ladies can talk about interesting things that girls talk about. Wouldn't that be great?" Feng Yuran's eyes glimmered. His smile was filled with charm, laziness and wildness.