Chapter 56: The Mysterious Desolated Courtyard

Mo Ye moved quickly and flipped over the doors. Then, she moved the door aside from the inside. Mo Xuetong brought Mo Lan through the door that Mo Ye opened and entered.

Standing inside, she could see that the twisting path leading to the door inside was filled with weeds and pebbles. It looked extremely desolated. Mo Ye used her foot to move the weeds away and Mo Xuetong followed the path. There was an inexplicable feeling in her heart.

There were two entrances to the yard. The first lead to the main house. They pushed open the somewhat wrecked doors. There was a creak. The house was empty.

"Miss, I will go and clean up first before you come in." Mo Lan stood in front of Mo Xuetong worriedly. Even though she did not know where they were, she could see the wariness in Mo Xuetong's eyes. She knew that her mistress valued this place very much. As such, she did not stop her mistress from entering. However, she was still worried.

"It's alright. I'll just look around. Mother used to stay here..." Mo Xuetong's gaze landed on the wide desk through the torn curtains. A few scattered memories returned to her. She pushed Mo Lan away and stepped into the dusty house determinedly.

There were a few books scattered on the desk. They were slightly messy. She walked past a screen. The characters on the screen could still be seen clearly. There were a few large characters that had been written forcefully and there were also some pictures drawn by women. There was nothing eye-catching. She walked in and there was a small couch. The side of the couch that was placed against the window was considered clean.

Mo Xuetong walked up to the couch and looked through the average-sized window. From the window, she could see a brick wall with blue tiles in the distance and also the corner of a window on the wall.

There was nothing else that caught her eye.

"Miss, let's go back. Old Madam might be looking for you." Mo Lan said uneasily. She felt that there was something weird about this place.

"It's alright, let's look around some more before leaving." Mo Xuetong said softly. She turned around to continue walking. Mo Ye who had been following her went to the window with a flash.

"Miss, that's Mo Yu at the window over there." Mo Ye said suddenly as she looked out of the window.

"Mo Yu? You can see our courtyard from here?" Mo Xuetong stopped suddenly, startled. She turned around in surprise.

"Yes, I saw Mo Yu walking by that window over there just now." Mo Ye looked carefully and answered in affirmative.

Mo Lan turned around as well to look out of the window. While her eyesight was not as good as Mo Ye's, but she grew up together with Mo Yu. She was certain that it was Mo Yu just by looking at her figure. She nodded and said, "That's indeed Mo Yu. I didn't realize there was such a courtyard behind ours. I used to think there was nothing else behind Madam's courtyard."

Mo Xuetong had a sudden thought when she heard that. She was staying in Luo Xia's courtyard right now and had once looked out from her window when she was bored. However, she had never discovered such a courtyard. The furthest thing she saw from her window was the Old Madam's tall courtyard walls.

What was this mysterious courtyard doing here!

Mo Xuetong examined the courtyard carefully in confusion. However, she did not discover anything.

They walked around the courtyard and did not discover anything. As such, they returned to their courtyard.

They met a servant the Old Madam had sent to invite Mo Xuetong over when they reached their courtyard.