Chapter 168

Chapter 168 Who Is the One Conducting the Affair

When Mo Xuemin heard Yu Mingyong mentioning Mo Xuetong without being prompted, a flash of viciousness appeared in her eyes. Good. The person in front of her was a scumbag. If she dragged Mo Xuetong in, Yu Mingyong might even just insist that Mo Xuetong was the one he was meeting. After all, she was beautiful and which man could resist her? Furthermore, Mo Xuemin had already laid the groundwork for him. If Yu Mingyong insisted that Mo Xuetong was the one who invited him to meet secretly, then she would be able to walk out of this scot-free.

Mo Xuetong would not be able to live with her head held up high after this. Mo Xuemin was pleased and her expression grew even more delicate.

"Young Master Yu, my third sister is a noble young lady. Is she someone you can meet when you want to? Furthermore, my third sister did not know that you would be here when she asked me to meet here. How could she be trying to frame us?" Mo Xuemin looked up tearfully and tried to defend Mo Xuetong fearfully. She looked as if she did not want to let Yu Mingyong get close to Mo Xuetong at all. She appeared totally different from the previous times she brought up Mo Xuetong.

However, the implications were clear. She was trying to say that it was intentional on Mo Xuetong's part. Mo Xuetong had brought her here intentionally and got someone to hurt her. She had intentionally put her and Yu Mingyong together...

This was so hateful!

Yu Mingyong had already long forgotten Consort Yu's orders. He was a rogue, and he really did not care about his manners when angry. He thought that Mo Xuemin was pushing the blame onto him. He walked up and was about to grab her as he scolded, "Are you still not going to get that third sister of yours here? She's just as troublesome as you. You'll know if I'm telling the truth or not then."

He was a man, but he dared to hold the hand of a noble lady in front of so many people.

Mo Xuemin was so frightened that she took two steps backward. She tripped on her long skirt and almost fell. Two maids caught her hurriedly and Mo Xiu grabbed her hands, catching her just in time. A note drifted out from Mo Xuemin's wide sleeve then. Mo Xuemin was startled, and she moved quickly, trying to catch it.

Yu Mingyong discovered the note as well. He was a man, after all, and his reactions were faster. He slapped Mo Xuemin's hand away and grabbed the note. Then, he backed away and read it angrily. Then, he started yelling, "You still won't admit it? You were the one who made plans to meet a man here secretly and tried to frame your sister and me. You are a shameless woman. I don't know why Lord Mo treasures you so. Why was I so unlucky to have encountered this? So unlucky, so unlucky! I have to burn this set of clothes when I get home to get rid of bad luck."

Then, he threw the note onto the ground and looked at Mo Xuemin with disdain. Then, he quickly looked away as if the sight of her would pollute his eyes. The crowd was shocked by Yu Mingyong's unusual reaction. A few people went forward to try to see what was written on the note that had been tossed onto the ground.

How could this be? Mo Xuemin was stunned and the satisfied look in her eyes froze. This note was the one Mo Xiu had stuffed in her sleeve earlier. Sima Lingyun would definitely be aware that something like this had happened to her. She saw Sima Lingyun in the crowd and gave him a look before gesturing the word "three" with her hands. Then, Mo Xiu placed the note into her sleeve.

Even though she did not have time to see what was written on the note, she was sure that Sima Lingyun had written about Mo Xuetong inviting her to meet. As long as she could prove that Mo Xuetong was the one who invited her here and tried to frame her, she would be able to extricate herself from the situation. This plan was the result of a flash of inspiration!